Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm sick of being treated like crap

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:06 AM
  • 9 Replies

Not only do I have to deal with my dh's bullshit, I have to deal with it at work too. I'm a cashier, and no matter how well I do my job (and I do it damn good) or how friendly I am to people... I still get glares, yelled at for things I can't control, receipts snapped out of my hands, or not even a repy after I say , "How are you tonight?" I'm not saying every customer are asses, but around here people are just unfriendly. I hate having a bad day at home and putting on a fake smile for work and get nothing in return. Also, the manager suck. I could go into more detail, but I'm on break and on the verge of tears. I just needed to get this out.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:06 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
rancharobeans
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:09 AM

Sorry Ma, I feel ya! I worked in customer service and didn't feel appreciated. Also no good having bad days at home. I hope it gets better for you!!

SPbyMaryL
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:10 AM

Sorry to hear. Yeah, it does sound like you have had enough. No one should have to deal with that but unfortunately it happens. You have to rise above it and everytime it happens, take a deep breath and think about why you are there....for Olivia, your baby girl. Good luck and I hope things get better.

nikonme
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:11 AM

hugsHang in there!

roxyKeytomyheart.gif picture by roxymedic

AF2011
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:12 AM
I'm sorry mama! I know how you feel. I'm a cashier as well and know how mean customers can get. Its just they wait until they check out to take their angre out. Like everything that went wrong for them in the store is our fault. Just keep smiling. I know its hard because sometimes I get treated like crap at home but literally no one at work can tell.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PeaceandLove2U
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:13 AM

I always try to be real nice to cashiers cuz I know they are often mistreated, plus it is just tedious work. I hope things get better for you. Try really, really hard not to take people personally - they don't know the real you.

At home - now that's different and unexcusable. :/ You just need to kick some butt!

1_hawt_mami
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:13 AM
Cuss them out inyour head...that's how I always walked around with a smile when I worked as a cashier. People suck! Hope u have a great night
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
grey7399
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:14 AM

sorry Danielle.  It seems that more crappy managers abound than good.

its hard & exhausting putting out a crap load of positive energy & getting same little in return.

do your job.  Be proud of how well you do your job.  Its what you are paid for.  Do not go extremely above & beyond but always give 100%.

that is pretty much what I tell my team.  But I work really hard on being a positive person.  Hang in there.

Xandersmom2011
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:17 AM

Shit, you must be in Texas. Everyone says Texas is so friendly. Hhahahahah!!!! Yeah right!!

angeleyes16
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:10 AM

Thanks for the comments. Yesterday was a hell of a day. I'm feeling better now that I am out of work and relaxing before I go to bed. DH and I got into a fight over something stupid before I went to work. I was already emotional, because I've been working so much lately I haven't seen dh and the kids much. I felt like he was trying to ruin the 1/2 day we had together in a long time. Then I go to work and I dealt with 3 nasty customers before my first break. I usually don't take that stuff personally, since I deal with it everyday...It's sort of what cashiers learn. But on especially bad days, it's more draining than usual.

And after my lunch my manager gave me a verbal written up for being absent 4 times in a 6 month period. (Every year you start oat with 3. If you miss a day it won't be taken off until 6 months from that date).

So I've only missed 6 total this year, but they haven't all rolled over yet. So for the next 3 months I can't call in sick unless I want another written up. A second one can cost your job. And they wouldn't take my doctor's note for the two days I missed due to migraines. Since then I've been on medication and I haven't missed work because of a migraine since. So I thought that was some BS. I can't even get health insurance unless I'm working full time. I work frickin 39 hours a week! Assholes.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)