Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

freaking @$$ hole

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:50 AM
  • 25 Replies
Ok my ds is 13 and raising money for the youth group thing they are doing, its called the 30 hr famine, which is to raise awareness of people with no food, ds and the the youth members will go 30 hrs with no food, only drinks.. well he asked If he took his cell phone can he walk around making for donations, sure nbd..well he went to a man's house and apparently had a little sign that said no soliciting (ds had no idea what that ment) so he rang the door bell. When the guy answered he started to yell at my kid saying can u not fucking read? Yes he said fucking read to my kid.. I mean come on he could have just said no thanks and left it at that, cusing at a kid is a little over the top.. but on the bright side he walked and raised 95.00 for the cause he is helping..
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:50 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kimbkay
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:53 AM
That's awesome. Ppl can be asses sorry about what happen to him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathienpb
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:55 AM
What a jerk! Ugh. Your son is awesome though. Good job!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
EDDES
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM

Your ds has a wonderful heart for giving to people and helping people; that is so beautiful; you must be so proud of your child.

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:57 AM
Thanks ladies.. I mean he wasn't actually soliciting anything anyways.. he just wanted the guy to give him a buck or 2
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie808
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:58 AM

that sucks but at the same time if your kid is old enough to solicit door to door by him self you should make sure he understands a few courtesy and when not to knock on doors.

but saying that an adult should know better and never curse at a child

momofhnd
by Nugget Nabber on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:00 AM
1 mom liked this
Yeah he called me and asked umm mom what does that mean.. I told him and he said oh ooppss.. he said he checked all doors after that before he knocked..

Quoting Stephanie808:

that sucks but at the same time if your kid is old enough to solicit door to door by him self you should make sure he understands a few courtesy and when not to knock on doors.

but saying that an adult should know better and never curse at a child

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stephanie808
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:01 AM

that is soliciting, going to someones door asking for something,, or asking them to buy something

Quoting momofhnd:

Thanks ladies.. I mean he wasn't actually soliciting anything anyways.. he just wanted the guy to give him a buck or 2

to
 seek for (something) by entreaty, earnest or respectfulrequest, formal application, etc.: 
He solicited aid from theminister.
to entreat or petition (someone or some agency): to solicitthe committee for funds.
to seek to influence or incite to action, especially unlawful orwrong action.
to offer to have sex with in exchange for money.

to make a petition or request, as for something desired.
to solicit orders or trade, as for a business: No solicitingallowed in this building.
to offer to have sex with someone in exchange for money.
rancharobeans
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:05 AM

Good for him getting some donations and wow... how rude of that man. 

Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:06 AM

That is great that he raised $95.00 dollars for the cause that he is helping raise funds for. The guy should not have cussed at your son. 

whoda007
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:52 AM

Quoting EDDES:

Your ds has a wonderful heart for giving to people and helping people; that is so beautiful; you must be so proud of your child.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)