Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Whitney Houston dead

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:57 AM
  • 24 Replies
Such a shocker to wake up to! Any news out there as to how she died? All we're getting over here is that she threw / had been partying the hours before hand, so implying drugs or drink.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:57 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
luce1977
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:10 AM

Only thing I heard that she died in a bathtub. That is how she was found. I am very shock. I heard it on the radio on the way home. I think I am more shock by her death than Micheal Jackson. It goes to show that fame isn't everything.

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:11 AM

I really think I'm one of the few who isn't surprised. She lived a hard life full of drugs and booze, and she never let up. It was gonna get her some time, and I have pretty strong feelings that that's what caused her death.

SOCO101
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:26 AM

I was thinking she just did an interview a while back saying she was sober, and had been for a while? So it surprised me when I read it on fb. I hadn't heard anything about it till 12 tonight. 

MaryLu86
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:29 AM

Quoting AnnieMcD:

I really think I'm one of the few who isn't surprised. She lived a hard life full of drugs and booze, and she never let up. It was gonna get her some time, and I have pretty strong feelings that that's what caused her death.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
candice0521
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:38 AM

SO SAD, ANOTHER GREAT SINGER GONE

serjil
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:41 AM
2 moms liked this

Am I the only one who is not surprised to have heard this news?

Edited to say: I posted without seeing the other replies. Lazy, I know, but I am also including so many posts I've seen on facebook today. People seem genuinely shocked that she is dead when we all knew she was an addict. Even if she tried to get clean it only takes one time to o.d., and many times when someone has gotten clean for a time that one hit hits them harder than it would have if they had just kept doing their drugs and/or alcohol. It's a tragedy for sure, but when you live a life like she did you better expect the worst to happen. 

gemikris82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:52 AM

im surprised only because she hasnt been in the news for a while then to pop up in the news like this with a death announcement. its kinda surprising.

3pippings
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:08 AM

Quoting candice0521:

SO SAD, ANOTHER GREAT SINGER GONE

And there are not too many of them out there

3pippings
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:11 AM

Quoting AnnieMcD:

But she did sobber for some time. Even made a come back in UK XFactor and O2 Arena... 

AnnieMcD
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:14 AM

Quoting 3pippings:

Quoting AnnieMcD:

But she did sobber for some time. Even made a come back in UK XFactor and O2 Arena... 

In my experience, lifetime addicts who have gotten sober recently are the ones who end up ODing. They give themselves the same amount that they were taking before they cleaned up, and they forget that their tolerance is lower. Or they just og overboard like someone who's had 12 months of weight watchers, and then gets a cheesecake? A small slice on a plate? Fuck that mess, gimme the pie tin, and a fork, I'm not getting up til this baby's GONE.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)