Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What Kind of Idiot Leaves the Doors UNlocked, and then

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM
  • 47 Replies
1 mom liked this

she complains about getting broken into....she knew her door wasn't locked, yet she left it that way, cuz its been like that for 'years n years"...well now she gotten broken into, and her housemates things were stolen....and she STILL wont put a lock on the door...i told her sh'es taking her life in her hands....with all the home invasions happening, people in this day and age are nuts....times have changed and its no longer safe to leave your doors unlocked when you are not home. 

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
sngonzalez1031
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this
I don't think it's ever been really safe to do that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

That's crazy.Things around here are locked down like Fort Knox,even though there aren't any break-ins...you never know people aren't trusting anymore,it's sad but true.

cryssi_renee
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this

Just because she left her door unlocked does not mean someone has a right to come in and take her stuff.  She can be upset about it if she wants to.  Things are not any worse now than they were in the past you just hear about it more because of the news and internet. 

PinkyPan
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:15 AM

What did she think was going to happen if she left her home unsecured? Her housemates need to move or demand a lock in the door.

gamomof3cuties
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM

I dont lock my doors.ever.

NESmith63
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:17 AM
I couldn't do that. Both my parents and inlaws leave their doors unlocked. Our town has like a 0% robbery rate but I still can't do it! Both of them hardly lock their cars ether.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
gamomof3cuties
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:18 AM

Thats kind of like telling a rape victim that she deserved what happened to her because of her short skirt.

Quoting PinkyPan:

What did she think was going to happen if she left her home unsecured? Her housemates need to move or demand a lock in the door.

TatorsMommy2205
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:20 AM

If somebody really wants to break into your house it isn't going to matter whether the door is locked or not, just sayin'.

I do lock my doors, but I can't tell you for a fact if all of my doors are locked every time I leave or go to bed for the night. My front door is always locked unless my DD is in the front yard playing, but my two back doors stay unlocked sometimes, unless DH is more meticulous about it and I just don't know it. 

sweetnsexymom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:21 AM
I never used to lock my doors but now that we are going through a custody battle that we will win, and dh's xgf is unstable we have starting locking our doors when we aren't home.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 AM

No it is not! I am a rape survivior and I strongly disagree. She is still a victim of a robbery but having something stolen is no way the same victimization of a woman being violently and forceably raped! I could not predict I was going to be raped but you can somewhat predict that if you leave a door unlocked someone uninvited may walk in.

Quoting gamomof3cuties:

Thats kind of like telling a rape victim that she deserved what happened to her because of her short skirt.

Quoting PinkyPan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)