Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All the Single Ladies (V day post)

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
  • 6 Replies

That song is going through my head right now. LOLLL

Anyway, the point to this post...Is Valentine's Day Just another day for you or do you and your "gal pals" go hang out somewhere? Do you do anything with the kids maybe? I was just thinking of that movie Valentine's Day where she has that giant pinata and her friend comes in a bashes the heck out of it.

Anyone feel like that this year?

Me I'm broke. just started a new job which will begin on friday. So no plans here. 

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:39 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
epoh
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:40 AM
It's always been just another day to me. One year I tried to make it special and the kids' dad (who I was with at the time) and I ended up fighting horribly.

I went the whole 9 yards with candles and rose petals, new sheets, homemade dinner, etc etc and it was an epic fail.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HoosierNative
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM

Wow. This must explain why he is now an X. 

Quoting epoh:

It's always been just another day to me. One year I tried to make it special and the kids' dad (who I was with at the time) and I ended up fighting horribly.

I went the whole 9 yards with candles and rose petals, new sheets, homemade dinner, etc etc and it was an epic fail.

epoh
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:44 AM
Oh no. Lol I stayed with him for almost five years. Stupid me.

But being unappreciative is one thing I can't stand about him, yes.

Quoting HoosierNative:

Wow. This must explain why he is now an X. 

Quoting epoh:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
alwayskk
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:57 AM

If I had any single gal friends, I would love to have a Vday gal pal extravaganza but I don't. So I bought myself some expensive chocolate and some bubble bath.

klespeedy0205
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:01 AM

I like to call it "Singles Awareness Day".  I don't do anything. I did buy my DS a small box of candy. 

NeiaPlus3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:59 AM

Just another day. I buy my babies a small gift and candy, as well as cards to share at daycare.  I wish I had single friends in my city to hang with, that would be pretty fun lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)