Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hair length

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:02 AM
  • 10 Replies

Poll

Question: Does ultra short hair make a woman look older?

Options:

Yes

No

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 24

View Results

Another post awhile back, got me wondering...

What do you think of short hair on women 30+

I'm talking pixie length, ultra short.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Moms2NTwins
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM

I picked other simply because I have seen it work both ways, make some look older and some look younger

alwayskk

In general, I think shorter hair makes everyone look older, even kids.

Aislinn

My almost 60 year old mother cut her hair off. She always looked younger than her age. Now she looks 70 when before the haircut, she looked 50, easily.

Piskie
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:03 AM
1 mom liked this

Totally depends on the woman.

My friend recently had her longer curly hair cut really really short, took years off her. She's 47 now.

indymom72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:05 AM

I agree that it depends on the woman..my mother in law hangs onto her 80's perm and it makes her look so old.  I wish she would update her look.

PinkyPan
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:11 AM

I had shoulder length hair until the first of the year. I went to a salon and told the stylist I was feeling and looking old. I am 50. I told her her to give me something fresh and sassy. I got a pixie cut and I love it. everyone tells me I look 10 years younger. I feel younger. My pixie cut is very similiar to this. I LOVE IT!

my1love
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:14 AM
1 mom liked this

me at 23

my mom has hair growing back finally at 48

i think she looks pretty friggen good after chemo and radiation!

wonderwomanT08
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:18 AM
I think it depends on the face and body
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ninipanini
by Ruby Member on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:14 AM
1 mom liked this

This is how I wear my mine!  I'm 40.  Whenever I go more than a month or 2 without a trim, it looks scraggly.  And THEN I look older.

Quoting PinkyPan:

I had shoulder length hair until the first of the year. I went to a salon and told the stylist I was feeling and looking old. I am 50. I told her her to give me something fresh and sassy. I got a pixie cut and I love it. everyone tells me I look 10 years younger. I feel younger. My pixie cut is very similiar to this. I LOVE IT!

PinkyPan
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 7:22 AM

Yep, I get mine cut every 5 weeks to keep it from getting scraggly.

Quoting ninipanini:

This is how I wear my mine!  I'm 40.  Whenever I go more than a month or 2 without a trim, it looks scraggly.  And THEN I look older.

Quoting PinkyPan:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)