Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Writting a paper, NEED ASSISTANCE ASAP

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM
  • 6 Replies

OK, I am writting a paper for my psych class, for the first time in many years I am using APA format. I always hated that format. Well I got my title page, referece page and what not done. I am usisng THIS website for assistance. (given to me by my teacher) I go to start my actual paper, and the website says I need to put in an abstract. WHAT is that??????? The website isnt all that clear, or maybe I am still asleep IDK.

HELP?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
alwayskk
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM

An abstract is kind of like a summary/preview of what the paper will be about. Unless your prof requires it I don't see you needing that. Where does it say to put in an abstract on the site? I looked but didn't see it.

MDWife12
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:04 AM

Unless your teacher has asked for an abstract you wont need one :) APA is easy once you get a hang of it, I have to write anywhere form 5-8 papers a week all in APA format! :) Oops one more thing noodletools.com is a great website to use to help you properly format your reerences on the reference page! :) Feel free to PM me if you need help!

alwayskk
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM

Oh, I see it. None of my psych classes ever required an abstract on research papers. You should email your prof and ask if that's necessary.

rriley
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:05 AM
My teachers never axles us to put that in. I hated APA format.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:07 AM
If your instructor didn't specify an abstract, you shouldn't need one. She just wants you to use the examples for your citations.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
baquick
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:15 AM
Ok thank you lades! She def didn't mention it an seeing as none of my classmates knew anything about it so I'm not going to worry about it :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)