Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP!! need ideas for freezer meals!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM
  • 13 Replies
I work FT(M-F 9-6) and go to college M-T 615-930... DH is responsible for dinner, but hes not a cook... any ideas on stuff I can make on Sundays and freeze?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:48 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
DamiensMommy1
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:51 AM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
The_Doodle
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:52 AM

Homemade lasagna freezes pretty well. I don't know if you guys like them, but I like making homemade tamales. One batch will usually make a lot and I always stick about 6 in the freezer. They are very easy to heat up.

myperfect4inok
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM
1 mom liked this
Spaghetti sauce. Make q big batch freeze in bags. All you have to do is make noodles.
Stew
Chicken noodles soup.
Boil a bunch of chicken shred, freeze in meal size portions that can be used to make tacos, or added to flavored rice with veggie.
Lasagna
Enchiladas
Cook roast again same thing as chicken, you can make shredded beef tacis, BBC sandwiches.
Or you have tge crockpot option.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamiensMommy1
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM
I wouldn't even begin to know how to make a tamale :) lol. I'm really not sure on reheating frozen foods also?

Quoting The_Doodle:

Homemade lasagna freezes pretty well. I don't know if you guys like them, but I like making homemade tamales. One batch will usually make a lot and I always stick about 6 in the freezer. They are very easy to heat up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bec94
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Lasagna is always the first to come to mind for me lol! If you have a crockpot you can always use that too so dinner is ready.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DamiensMommy1
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:56 AM
We've done the crockpot thing about once a week. I'm just always so scared that its gonna burn up or something! Lol. The chicken is a great idea

Quoting myperfect4inok:

Spaghetti sauce. Make q big batch freeze in bags. All you have to do is make noodles.

Stew

Chicken noodles soup.

Boil a bunch of chicken shred, freeze in meal size portions that can be used to make tacos, or added to flavored rice with veggie.

Lasagna

Enchiladas

Cook roast again same thing as chicken, you can make shredded beef tacis, BBC sandwiches.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cnm5381no2
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:57 AM
I freeze red or white beans, gumbo, spaghetti sauce, roast (pork or beef), any kind of stew, Lima beans, black eyed peas, jambalaya. I usually use sausage with most of these meals and meat sauce or meatballs with the spaghetti.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myperfect4inok
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM
If you put the crockpot on low before you leave in the morning it will be fine.
You can also do chili and freeze it.

Quoting DamiensMommy1:

We've done the crockpot thing about once a week. I'm just always so scared that its gonna burn up or something! Lol. The chicken is a great idea

Quoting myperfect4inok:

Stew

Chicken noodles soup.

Lasagna

Enchiladas

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
randi1978
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:58 AM

Do you have a crock pot?

Soups are easy and if you have a big enough crock pot, you can make enough to save extra meals in the freezer.

Chili's as well.  Two nights ago, I had so much chili leftover, even after saving some for the freezer that I had to bring some to my parents.

I will say that it does depend on the size of your crock pot as well as the size of your family.  It's just me and my monster, but my crock pot is HUGE.

randi1978
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM

If you plan ahead, you can remove the item from the freezer and put it in the fridge for a couple of days to thaw it out.  If it's a soup of some kind, you can still simmer it on the stove at low if it is not all the way thawed out.

Quoting DamiensMommy1:

I wouldn't even begin to know how to make a tamale :) lol. I'm really not sure on reheating frozen foods also?

Quoting The_Doodle:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)