Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you seriously knocking in my door right now????

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM
  • 32 Replies
I'm on a little mini vacation with the hubs. Nothing fancy, I just went with him on a work trip.

Well, it's Sunday. It's 8:50 in the morning. I'm in my bathrobe, eating strawberries, and goofing off on CM. (Yes, really...bathrobe and strawberries. It's lovely! :)

And house keeping just knocked on my door wanting to know when we are leaving or if we're staying another night!

What the heck?? Check out is 11! Do NOT be knocking in my door at 9 in the morning on a weekend, disrupting my down time, and then act surprised when I am in my bathrobe and a little short with you!

WHO checks on a room at 9 on a Sunday to see if the people are gone yet? Checkout is 11. Leave me alone!

(I have been housekeeping and front desk at a hotel before. I know they have a lot of rooms to clean, but as head front desk manager, I would have NEVER let my house keepers do that on a weekend! How tacky!)

ETA: there is no DND sign! :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mrgetinold
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:14 PM
2 moms liked this
Oh my god the housekeeping there are as bad as the religious ppl we get around here, how dare they ruin a mommas moment with a robe and strawberrys dont they know how few and far between they are, hey im all for someone else cleaning up put even i have my limits lol
mes_deux_amours
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I always just put that little do not disturb sign on the door and lock the lock that makes it so they can't enter from the outside :)

Enjoy!

EsmeVincent
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:16 PM
That is crazy! I have never has house keeping knock on my door the day of checkout.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Oh, my goodness! I was just thinking, "Why didn't I put that sign up?!" and went to look for it...they don't have one! What in the world??

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

I always just put that little do not disturb sign on the door and lock the lock that makes it so they can't enter from the outside :)

Enjoy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mes_deux_amours
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM

yikes no inside lock? That's scary. I am paranoid in hotels. I need that lock for peace of mind.

I put those signs out as soon as I go to bed... I don't want to be bothered lol

Quoting Apollos82:

Oh, my goodness! I was just thinking, "Why didn't I put that sign up?!" and went to look for it...they don't have one! What in the world??

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Enjoy!

lucky2Beeme
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM

shoulda put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door !

tginn20
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM

That sucks! I had something very similar happen to me and DH. We got a room while my mom kept the kids overnight. We were sooo looking into sleeping it. At 8:45 housekeeping was BANGING on our door and even put the key in and opened it up until they realized that the bolt thing ontop was on. I was pissed bc once I am up, I am up. Check out wasn't until noon either. UGH!

Apollos82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:20 PM
1 mom liked this
They have a deadbolt as well as the regular lock...just no sign! :(

SMH.

I'm so bringing my own next time. I bet they have cute ideas for them on pinterest....hmmmm....

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

yikes no inside lock? That's scary. I am paranoid in hotels. I need that lock for peace of mind.

I put those signs out as soon as I go to bed... I don't want to be bothered lol

Quoting Apollos82:

Quoting mes_deux_amours:

Enjoy!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:21 PM
Yeah, someone else mentioned that...I went to look for it...and there isn't one!

From now on, I will travel with my own DND sign!

Quoting lucky2Beeme:

shoulda put the Do Not Disturb sign on the door !

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Apollos82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM
I'm the same way! Awake is awake. Grrrrr

Quoting tginn20:

That sucks! I had something very similar happen to me and DH. We got a room while my mom kept the kids overnight. We were sooo looking into sleeping it. At 8:45 housekeeping was BANGING on our door and even put the key in and opened it up until they realized that the bolt thing ontop was on. I was pissed bc once I am up, I am up. Check out wasn't until noon either. UGH!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)