Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you ever discourage your child or tell them not to..

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM
  • 17 Replies

Sing?

I love my DD's singing...mostly.

She hasn't been taught how to sing from her diaphragm yet (I am looking into getting her lessons but most places I have found want her to be 5) so It is kind of just a shrill high pitched squeal.

It drives DF crazy and hurts his ears...me I'm half deaf so it doesn't bother me as much as him but sometimes I just have to tell her to give it a rest for a while.

But I feel bad because she is singing because she is happy and I don't wanna stifle her happiness KWIM?

What would you do?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:01 PM

My daughter, yes, she can't sing, which is sad for me because I can :(

couponluv72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I would tell my husband that unless he has a migraine he is going to have to suck it up. But if she is singing for say too long, then maybe also step in and tell her its time to take a break. 

randi1978

Tell DF to deal with it, LOL.

Yeah, it can get annoying at times, but I'm a firm believer in NOT stifling a child's way of creative expression.

.not.angel.

I would get her dad some ear plugs.

jnttd
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:03 PM

Quoting randi1978:

Tell DF to deal with it, LOL.

Yeah, it can get annoying at times, but I'm a firm believer in NOT stifling a child's way of creative expression.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
coolmommy2x
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM
This. Sometimes I can't take the 24/7 chatter, asking for 5 minutes og quiet isn't too much.

Quoting couponluv72:

I would tell my husband that unless he has a migraine he is going to have to suck it up. But if she is singing for say too long, then maybe also step in and tell her its time to take a break. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Jennifer_236
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:04 PM

both of my boys try to sing, I ask them to sing for me they are 6 and 2

MrS.GiFFord
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM

LOL mine can't sing at all. 

alwayskk

I like the ear plugs idea. And perhaps a little 'studio' in her room to practice by herself :) Then she can put on shows instead of practicing with an audience.

couponluv72

I have an 8 year old who is non stop chatter from I swear 5 minutes BEFORE he wakes up till a half hour AFTER he is asleep. arghh I feel your pain

Quoting coolmommy2x:

This. Sometimes I can't take the 24/7 chatter, asking for 5 minutes og quiet isn't too much.

Quoting couponluv72:

***before you jump down my throat be very certain of the tone and intent you believe is coming from my posts because if you are just trolling me you can go screw yourself. I am done apologizing for people who have no reading comprehension skills and instead insert their own assumed intent and meaning in to my words. ***

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)