Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I'm really f*%*&ing disgusted by some of these Whitney Houston comments.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM
  • 150 Replies
13 moms liked this

A lot of people are about to get deleted from my friends list on Facebook. I understand that she may have been a drug addict, and that she made bad choices. However, that doesn't mean that her life meant anything less to those who loved her. It's tactless and disrespectful to her loved ones to act as though her death doesn't matter. I'm not going to lie, she didn't mean anything to me personally. I like a few of her songs, but her death does not affect me directly. However, I know that she DID mean something to some, and for that reason, I would never be as insensitive as some people are being. Is it just me, or is there a time and place for joking? Below are just a sampling of the posts on my FB newsfeed today:    

"Breaking news:Whitney Houson is alive. Apparently after they outlined her body in chalk, she got up and snorted it."

"Houston, we have a problem"

"Maybe she's not dead...maybe she's "waiting to exhale".

"Whitney Houston died? Who cares? Got 100 bones that Bobby will go next."

I really don't see the humor in dead jokes.

*EDIT*  For those of you who clearly can't grasp where I'm coming from...I was raised to respect the dead and grieving. I now realize that many weren't taught to do the same, sadly.

*EDIT*  To those of you who see where I am coming from (which has been most of you), it's refreshing to know that I'm not alone.  Thank you for your comments. I guess I just need to realize that there are a lot of assholes and bitches in the world. That's that, sadly. I know who I am, and that's all I can control. Have a good day everyone...I'm off to grocery shop (blech). :)

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homeschoolmom99
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM
4 moms liked this

All I can say is she is happy now singing gospel for the lord as she has always really wanted to do. No joke I am sure Saint Peter took her right in to see god

SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM
2 moms liked this
It is what it is
love_1120
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:08 PM
5 moms liked this
I have to admit...those Whitney comment made me crack up!

Maybe you should try and lighten up a bit. Those comments, to me, aren't un friending worthy.....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof4boyz1girl
by Diamond Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM
3 moms liked this

I agree but some people are heartless assholes unfortunately. They don't stop to think how it would make them feel if it was someone in their family and people cracked jokes about them.

leslieOli
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM
4 moms liked this

I agree, I have "friends" on fb that are doing the same thing and it is just sad.  'Dead Jokes; are sick in my opinion and greatly disrespectful.

Apollos82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
Meh. People did the same to Amy Winehouse. It happens. It's sick, but it's the "norm" now.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AM-BRAT
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM
1 mom liked this
Lmao. Are you saying you're deleting fb friends for whitney comments? Did I read that right?

Lawd you have too much emotional stock in fb AND whitney. Smh!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
WesAndNicksMom
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:10 PM
5 moms liked this
My SO wrote this on facebook.  I kind of agree so I just haven't posted at all about it.
"Hey sheep! If anyone would have asked you about Whitney Houston would you have sung her praises like you are now or made a crackhead reference? It's amazing how death and absolution go hand in hand."

couponluv72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
6 moms liked this

It is very sad to see how many people still have absolutely zero knowledge about the disease of addiction and basically feel she was less than human and not deserving of dignity and respect. 

Beautiful__mama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:11 PM
5 moms liked this
sorry i thought they were kinda funny
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)