Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many Houston mamas do we have here(or surrounding areas) re: schools

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM
  • 4 Replies

DH and I would love to move to North of Houston in the next few years and are gathering information. We visited and looked at homes a couple years ago and fell in love with the areas and the southern hospitality and courtesy.

I am wondering about the school systems there though. Are they good? I know there must be a huge percentage of illegals there, does that affect the quality or class size?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
alwayskk
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Katy, Cy Fair, Tomball and Magnolia have good school districts. I wouldn't live in any other part of Houston.

I don't think that schools are allowed to ask about legal status when enrolling a child. I believe that is a federal law from the DOE. 

bookmommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Yeah, I figured I probably wouldn't get anywhere searching for legal status of the kids. That's why I was hoping some moms who experienced the schools firsthand could tell me.

Feel free to msg me privately though if anyone has something they'd rather not say openly. I don't want this to turn into a nasty discussion-just checking out the school quality.

Quoting alwayskk:

Katy, Cy Fair, Tomball and Magnolia have good school districts. I wouldn't live in any other part of Houston.

I don't think that schools are allowed to ask about legal status when enrolling a child. I believe that is a federal law from the DOE. 

ashandmasysmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:41 PM
My husband and I both graduated from Magnolia. Thier school system is wonderful, along with Tomball. Stay away from Conroe and Waller.schools though.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lauracb10
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:50 PM
Cyfair is really good rated one of the best in the state. It is pretty much in the city too... the other school are more outside the city... I'm not sure about the illegals but I THINK that these are prodominantly white areas.... so don't know what to tell u other than that.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)