Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please put your kids in their car seats correctly. I was in an accident the day before yesterday.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM
  • 236 Replies
53 moms liked this

I have always been really anal on putting my kids in their carseats correctly. I'm glad I did the day before yesterday because a lady ran a red light and I tboned her. My kids were in their carseats my oldest is 5 and my youngest is 2. They were both in a 5 point graco nautilus. I would recomend their car seats to anyone. My van will more than likely be totaled. I got slight whiplash and the airbag gave me a bloody nose. My back and neck are still hurting. But my kids are perfectly ok. The point of my post is I never thought I would be the one getting in an accident. But I have always been really cautious and have always taken the time to put my kids in correctly because it was always in the back of my mind. I recently bought my youngest a new carseat and thank god I did. The point of my post is you may never think it'll happen to you. But take the necessary precautions just in case. Your kids are worth it. My car may be totaled but we're all alive and we weren't injured. Not even a scratch on my kids. Thanks for reading.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
seraphimsong
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:52 PM
We are carseat shopping right now and the nautilus is one we were looking at. That's the one I really want to get for ds. I almost wanna get one for my 6 yo dd. She's 47lbs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambersmommy730
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:53 PM
I just bought my 2 kids the same carseats. Glad to hear that you and the kids are safe!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
seraphimsong
1 mom liked this
Oh & I'm glad you all are okay!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
heather.marie08
1 mom liked this
Glad you guys are ok! I always buckle my kids in properly because in the back of my mind im always thinking I could be in an accident today. Best to be safe!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nucking_futs
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:55 PM

Glad to hear. They are worth every cent of your money.

Quoting ambersmommy730:

I just bought my 2 kids the same carseats. Glad to hear that you and the kids are safe!

proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM
4 moms liked this
im glad you're all ok! make sure you replace their carseats though since they were in an accident.

we almost tboned someone 2wks ago, she decided to make a turn while we were coming straight that way, our light was green, she could've waited we had to slam on brakes because of her...thankfully we didnt hit her and nobody hit us cause i was 38wks pregnant and had our 5yr old and 2yr old in the car.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ambersmommy730
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 12:58 PM
I really like them and they do too! :-)

Quoting nucking_futs:

Glad to hear. They are worth every cent of your money.

Quoting ambersmommy730:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
zoehopemama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:03 PM
Glad you are all ok! We have both dds ( 2&5) in the nautilus and we love them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kapzilla
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:06 PM
1 mom liked this

Glad to hear you and your children are all right!  You should always plan defensively when in the car!  Your children's lives hang in the balance!

My 4 year old is harnessed in a Graco Nautilus, and my 1 year old is RF in a RadianXTSL!  I don't know what I would do if I DIDN'T do what I thought was best and something happened to them!

Tana13us
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:08 PM

thanx

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)