Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

looking for mommas opinions on trendy toy storage....editing** lol

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM
  • 11 Replies

i would like to put some unique shelving, kind of looks more like a cool piece of furniture,  instead of ugly brightly colored kid's stuff.kwim? but must also be able to contain toys.

i am talking about shelving for my living room, btw, lol.i would like to have a piece built that can be used past their younger years, so this is what i am looking at;

love this for under the windows, ( 2 windows flanking each other in the corner of our living room) i have a ton of books, so after toys are done being used so much..i would have a super cool bookcase.

this is so cute! and would be very easy to build myself.

this? this is a no no. i refuse to buy somthing like this;
 for a strictly playroom? sure. my living room? NEVER!!!

find me super cool shelving for my natural earthy living room please! so it can start looking like less a playroom. and a messy one at that :\ eek!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randomosityblog
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Oh I love the first one!

Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM

oh i freakin love it!!! it would probably cost a fortune, but i might be able to build it. but would it look as good? i just ..don't know...lol
*here's hoping i can find one somewhere close by**

Quoting randomosityblog:

Oh I love the first one!

SophistiSlut
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:16 PM

I like the examples you gave but I don't think either of them would be really good for toy storage.

Maybe something with baskets? Then once there are no more toys you can remove the baskets and use the shelves for books. Something like this:

randomosityblog
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM

You can totally build that!

Quoting Mrs.VanDeKamp:

oh i freakin love it!!! it would probably cost a fortune, but i might be able to build it. but would it look as good? i just ..don't know...lol
*here's hoping i can find one somewhere close by**

Quoting randomosityblog:

Oh I love the first one!

Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:19 PM

these are cool, but i would prefer like an esspreso colored stain instead of those colors.

Tea4Tas
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:23 PM

Kids have enough trouble putting their toys away. I had a big antique blanket chest that I used as a coffee table.  It had bins in it that you could pull out.  When the toys were stowed away they were away. Completely invisable- And even a 2 year old can toss toys into a bin.

Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:36 PM

like this, but made with real wood, about 2 feet deep though,  and forming a v in the corner of the living room, under the windows.

that would look good.

RhondaVeggie
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM
Cubic shelving like the expedit ones at ikea with baskets works well and it's pretty earthy. That funky one looks cool but it would be useless for corralling little objects and I know it would drive me nuts personally, trying to arrange books so they fit in properly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:39 PM

my kids do help clean up, but the majority of it is put away by me. and it just so happens, that my kids have a lot of stuff.  we do a monthly cleaning out, and toss any broken toys, and donate toys that don't get used. right now their toys are stored in rubbermaid bins. **shudders**

Quoting Tea4Tas:

Kids have enough trouble putting their toys away. I had a big antique blanket chest that I used as a coffee table.  It had bins in it that you could pull out.  When the toys were stowed away they were away. Completely invisable- And even a 2 year old can toss toys into a bin.

Mrs.VanDeKamp
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:44 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)