Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Energy drinks while pregnant?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:26 PM
  • 13 Replies

Have you ever had one while pregnant? I never have, not with ds and not with this one either.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
peanutsmommy1
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM

nope, I've never had one at all

proudmommy690
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:27 PM
no never..it says on the cans they're not safe for pregnant women. but i dont drink them at all anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
champagne_rose
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Quoting proudmommy690:

no never..it says on the cans they're not safe for pregnant women. but i dont drink them at all anyway.

Exactly! I was on the phone with a friend and a friend of hers was convinced that it's okay for me to have a half of can. I was like ummm...I just let them be but I didn't drink it. This was back when I was pregnant with ds. I thought it was a crazy thing to tell me.

MixedCooke
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 5:59 AM

Mountain Dew? I work nights so I cannot go without caffeine but I do try and keep it under 300 mg, so basically just one at the start of my shift and maybe a sip or 2 in the afternoon.

I dont like energy drinks overall but I do like Crystal Light with Energy but due to the aspartame, I am not taking it anymore.

champagne_rose
by on Feb. 13, 2012 at 6:03 AM

Quoting MixedCooke:

Mountain Dew? I work nights so I cannot go without caffeine but I do try and keep it under 300 mg, so basically just one at the start of my shift and maybe a sip or 2 in the afternoon.

I dont like energy drinks overall but I do like Crystal Light with Energy but due to the aspartame, I am not taking it anymore.

I drink coffee but keep it to a minimum...and sometimes I just go without. I drink tea at times...once in a while a soda.

I have nver had that cl with energy..something I would try when not pregnant(cuz the fake sugar as you said). I do like zip fiz. It's an energy water with vitamins and caffeine. They sell it at costco. I haven't had that in a long time.

MixedCooke
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:43 AM

Quoting champagne_rose:

Quoting MixedCooke:

I drink coffee but keep it to a minimum...and sometimes I just go without. I drink tea at times...once in a while a soda.

I have nver had that cl with energy..something I would try when not pregnant(cuz the fake sugar as you said). I do like zip fiz. It's an energy water with vitamins and caffeine. They sell it at costco. I haven't had that in a long time.

ZIP FIZ??  I will have to have my Mom look into that because she has a Costco card!  I used to drink Water Joe, which they used to sell at Publix, which was plain water with caffeine.  It was perfect because I got the water I needed, the caffeine I wanted and none of the extra sugar or calories that I didnt want!

Due9
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:44 AM

Just coffee at a minimum after the first trimester passed.

sweet.lil.mama
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:45 AM
Coffee. That's it, and its half milk lol, I drink alot of coke and Dr pepper lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ginger.mom
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:47 AM
1 mom liked this

nope, I had no caffine, the risk to damage babies heart wasn't wroth the risk to me. I drank so much water and juice.

CocoaKisses70
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 12:48 AM

Nope, never have and never would.I dont drink coffee or soda while pregnant either.Water and diluted juice( on occasion).All of that can wait until after child birth for me.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)