Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Help, DD is sick!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM
  • 8 Replies
I had the stomach bug 5 days ago and now my 2yr old has it too. She has been vomitting and a temperature of 102 currently. Do I need to call her doctor? Since its Sunday I would have to go to urgent care or the er. Is this er worthy or should I wait it out? What else can I do to make her feel better?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
MommySarah986
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:57 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dawn4175
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM
Is she drinking? Does she seem terribly uncomfortable or lethargic?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
love_1120
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM
Give her tylenol to break her fever. Most important thing is to keep her hydrated. Cool washcloth on the forehead or a room temp bath should soothe her a bit. I wouldn't bring her in unless shes showing signs of dehydration. Good luck....hope sh feels well soon!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dolphin2000
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM
I would give her a bath
Put rubbing alchol on her feet then put socks on
Make sure she is hydrated- I gave my son pedlite for days instead of juice and milk
Hope she feels better soon
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Caitlin10081989
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:04 PM

I hope that your daughter feels better soon. 

BEXi
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM

102 isnt really ER worthy, IMO. I would give her a luke warm bath and keep her hydrated. Hope she feels better soon!

baquick
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:12 PM
Keep her hydrated and monitor her diapers (if she is still wearing them). Maybe some Tylenol of you feel it's needed.
Id call in the morning unless stops urinating or the fever spikes or vomited more than 1-2 times in an hour for two hours straight.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kelsmomma123
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I would give her a luke warm bath and keep her comfortable. If she seems dehydrated I'd take her in. All she needs to keep down is 1oz of liquid every hour. The doctors always tell me after they puke do not let them have anything for 2 hours to drink and if they do not puke again start giving them 1 oz of liquid every hour. maybe that will help. If she is still puking after about 12 hours I would take her in the doctors for some nausea medicine.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)