Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

ETA. I think my gf is taking advantage of me... opinions?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM
  • 71 Replies
ETA: WE HAD SODAS AND I TOOK A KIDS MEAL HOME FOR MY DAUGHTER WHICH WAS $6/7. OH AND DESERTS

For Christmas I bought her $80 cologne and a $70 chain. I told her I still had to get her cross for the chain but id probably get it for valentines day. She always throws it in my face when she buys me flowers or food, she says "and im still waiting for my cross..." or "when am I getting my cross?" last night we went to red lobster. I said I'd pay bc I chose the restaurant and it is kind of pricey. My meal was $17.99. Hers was 24.99. She didnt even offer to pay for the tip which was 10$. Our total with tip was $81.56. She bought me a bracelet , very cheap (no im not complaining just pointing it out there)and a scentsy kit thing, and asked "what are you getting me for vday? My cross and what else?" Uhm I just paid for a 70$ dinner. she just seems materialistic to me. She never offers to pay for anything. Am I tripping ?

Gotta go back to work. Bbl
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
3earthangels
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:56 PM
17 moms liked this
Drop the gold digger babe.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Smcclellan7080
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM

Sounds like she's taking advantage of you to me. Good luck.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM
2 moms liked this

I don't know about taking advantage but sounds ungrateful and materialistic and I would put a stop to it

DutchMama2010
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:58 PM
Not to me. Me and now hubby split every restnt. bill 50/50 until we were married, excluding bday dinners.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
avi_nevaeh_mama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this

Wow you need to run, not walk. She is a gold digger like the first reply said. Dump her before she kills your bank account.She sounds very ungrateful.

Kylie819
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM
7 moms liked this
Well, you offered to pay for dinner, so I don't see an issue with her not chipping in.

The rest makes her sound like a spoiled brat.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
egrzesik91
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:00 PM
3 moms liked this

Tell her to not be so materialistic. 

MommyBoha
by Country Girl on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

umm... dump her ass.. she is taking advantage of you. DO NOT buy her the cross

Due9
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:02 PM
3 moms liked this

Tell her to get the cross herself. It sounds like she doesn't appreciate you at all. I wouldn't pay for anything else.

Sweet_Faith
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:03 PM

Quoting Due9:

Tell her to get the cross herself. It sounds like she doesn't appreciate you at all. I wouldn't pay for anything else.

This!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)