Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My ex husbands parents kidnapped my son!---Should I make them cancel the order?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:38 PM
  • 93 Replies

Ok not really but they did take him for the next 4 days while they are visiting. Last time they came to visit they bought both of my kids new clothes. This time they are buying both kids new dressers and a bunkbed set. I am pretty sure the kids will be getting a few new toys as well. They spoil their grandchildren rotten.

Ok so they ordered the beds for the kids online from walmart.com. I am not overly happy but not quite sure how to handle this without hurting feelings. First I do appreciate that they want to buy something nice for their grandkids but I was expecting them to spend $300-$600 on bunkbeds for them but nooooo they can't spend just that on them it has to be expensive. They spent WAY to much. Here is the link for the beds: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Bundle-16-Berg-Sierra-Twin-Captain-s-Bed-For-Two/17801506. Should I just be greatful or should I tell them it is way to much?

"In the future, how we educate our children may prove to be much more important than how much we educate them." Thomas Friedman

"If you can't fly then run. If you can't run then walk. If you can't walk then crawl. But whatever you do you have to keep moving forward." - Martin Luther King, Jr.
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 2:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
amonkeymom
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:04 PM

Wow!  They are sure getting spoiled by their grandparents, and what a nice break for mom too!  :)

luvmeeyes
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:09 PM
1 mom liked this

You and your kids are very lucky. my dh and i are  together and my inlaws say they are too busy to be grandparents. funny because they have time for their other grandchildren and we all live close.

strictmomhere
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:10 PM
Your blessed
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommyFlood
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:12 PM
How awesome is it that you spell your name the same way I do :)
Lol that's awesome though. Both sets of grandparents spoil DD rotten. Im going to be in trouble when she's a teen!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LizzieAnnesMom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM
lol my mom kidnaps DD when she comes to town.

krystlzd3
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
No one will "kidnap" all 3 of my kids for more than an hour or so.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stacie0375
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:18 PM

Their grandparents only see them twice a year so when they do get to come see them they spoil them. They have 14 grandchildren and spoil every single one of them rotten. Last year they bought their oldest grandchild (age 16) a car as a Birthday/Christmas present. I don't mind that they spoil my children. They are the only grandparents that are involved, my dad passed away and my mom is in her own little world and half the time does not remember their names. These people are loaded so if they want to do some spoiling by buying their grandkids the things they need then I let them. The bunkbeds will be nice. Their bedroom is crowded with a twin and a crib in it so it will make more room.

rec104
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:22 PM

You're lucky ! DS's grandparents on his dad's side live in town, but only see him on Christmas and his b-day. My mom lives out of state, so we only see her every few years :-/

MunchiesMom324
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Awesome.  Today was my DS2's bday party (he turned 4 on Thurs) and Dh's aunt came down (haven't seen her since sometime last year)... she "kidnapped" the birthday boy.  IDK when I get him back LOL - as long as he's having fun, it's OK. It feels surreal... just got DS4 to sleep and I'm about to tuck in DS 1&3... then it's quiet time!

DropZoneMom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM

Sounds like you get along with your ex's parents -- that's really a nice thing.  :-D

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)