Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i hate hospitals. small update

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM
  • 15 Replies
I have my poor lil girl at the hospital because she has a fever of 104.7 plus she had a small seizure. The r taking their sweet old time. She is only 18 mons and I know its not good for her to keep the fever so high

Finally got into a room
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:37 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:40 PM

YOU KNOW WHAT?(SORRY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TURN OFF CAPS ON THIS THING OR THEY JUST WON'T GO OFF)

I REALIZED TODAY THAT PEOPLE WHO WALK IN WITH GOOD INSURANCE GET BETTER CARE.IT IS VERY SAD!

NOT SAYING YOU DON'T BUT THAT IS JUST WHAT I REALIZED TODAY!

alotta_fagina
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:41 PM
Are you in the ED? Has she been seen in triage yet? Has she not been given motrin / tylenol for the fever yet? It is normal although scary for kids to have seizures with a high fever. I'm sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweetie1987
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:42 PM
No we have medical asstiance. It sad my lil girl and a 10 month old are running really high fevers and they r taking 20 somethings back first

Quoting laranadtony:

YOU KNOW WHAT?(SORRY I DON'T KNOW HOW TO TURN OFF CAPS ON THIS THING OR THEY JUST WON'T GO OFF)

I REALIZED TODAY THAT PEOPLE WHO WALK IN WITH GOOD INSURANCE GET BETTER CARE.IT IS VERY SAD!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Sweetie1987
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM
Still in waiting room and seizure don't really bother me because I have them and my first one was at the same age as her and cause of a fever

Quoting alotta_fagina:

Are you in the ED? Has she been seen in triage yet? Has she not been given motrin / tylenol for the fever yet? It is normal although scary for kids to have seizures with a high fever. I'm sorry :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
barrelracer1699
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:44 PM

HUGS very scary. My son just before his 1st birthday had a fever fit (febril seziure). It was very scary, because they didn't know what was going on they even tested him for meneginits. Hope they come soon. GL and keep us updated!

Sweetie1987
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:46 PM
Will do with updating. I just feel bad that she had a seizure because I know how they feel

Quoting barrelracer1699:

HUGS very scary. My son just before his 1st birthday had a fever fit (febril seziure). It was very scary, because they didn't know what was going on they even tested him for meneginits. Hope they come soon. GL and keep us updated!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AjsMom0508
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM

Didn't you give her anything for her fever?  Unless it's a true emergency the ER usually runs on a first come first serve basis.  Febrile seizures are scary.  DS had one almost a year ago that lasted over 30 minutes.  He spent 5 days on the peds floor at a local hospital doped up on enough ativan to knock out a horse.

alotta_fagina
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:47 PM
If I were you I'd go up to the deal and ask since her fever is so high and the seizure If she can be given some fever reducer ASAP. Or for that matter have someone bring u some?

Quoting Sweetie1987:

Still in waiting room and seizure don't really bother me because I have them and my first one was at the same age as her and cause of a fever

Quoting alotta_fagina:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
anon1986East
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:48 PM

Sorry for your little  girl. I was pissed last Spring, I brought my then 5 year old DD into the ER because I was pretty sure she had broken her arm. We waited for over an hour, then suddenly someone noticed there was an empty room in prompt care. Later that night I spoke to a friend who is a doctor and works at our local hospital, he said that afternoon there was a new girl working in triage and it was her mistake that caused such a long wait.

Cassidysmom611
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 3:52 PM

I understand about your l/o and I would be concerned too. But, you don't know what issues those "20 somethings" are experiencing. Many times when I have gone to the ER with a severe asthma attack- they triage me and bring me right back, I have gotten many dirty looks from people who were obviously waiting longer-- but in the ER its not a first come first serve basis, who ever has the most "life threatening" issue takes precedence. Hope your DD feels better. 

Quoting Sweetie1987:

No we have medical asstiance. It sad my lil girl and a 10 month old are running really high fevers and they r taking 20 somethings back first

Quoting laranadtony:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)