Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

It's my hair and you're not touching it with your nasty hands!!!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM
  • 46 Replies
I need to get my hair trimmed. Nothing fancy. But my hair is extremely thick, almost waist length and is 100% natural (no color, no extensions, etc). I'm proud of my awesome hair!

Being fairly new to the area, I don't have a regular hair dresser. I'm still testing them out. So, I go to this new place. When I pull up, there's a stylist outside smoking. I knew she was a stylist bc she had a smock on. She follows me in and says she is ready for me.

Eeeew! You're not putting your nasty cigarette smelling fingers in my hair!

I ask for another stylist. She says she's the only one available. Then she asks why. I tell her that I don't want someone who smokes messing with my hair. Do you know how hard it is to wash that nasty smell out of my hair?!? Sorry, but no!

Obviously, I left.

Does your hair dresser smoke? Would you mind one that does?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BEXi
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM

I would think as long as she washes her hands really good then it wouldnt matter to me.

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Nope  mine doesnt.   Someone i know who is a stylist smokes but when they do hair they make sure to wash their hands and do a spray over for their clothing.  They trimmed DD's hair for me and did not smell of smoke.  I had a nurse in hospital when dd was born that REEKED of cigarette smoke and then wanted to handle her.  No way.

epoh
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM
1 mom liked this
It really wouldn't bother me.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:05 PM

Were you going to get your hair washed?

js321
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:06 PM
2 moms liked this
I'm a hairdresser & I smoke. I wash my hands before and after every client & think that's perfectly fine.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emmiesmommy1113

I wouldn't mind. But I smoke, too.

She probably shouldn't have been wearing the smock while she was smoking, though. It's unprofessional.

kaygarcia97
Doesnt bother me because I usually go home and wash my hair right away no matter what
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bmw29
by Buttcrackncornchips on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:06 PM
I wash my hair after anyway.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
NatesMyBoy
Umm no
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Lorelai_Nicole
by Lorelai on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:09 PM
3 moms liked this
Mine doesn't. But I agree with PPs, if she washes her hands and sprays some body spray or something, she shouldn't smell and it should be fine. Good stylists are hard to come by, and I wouldn't dismiss one just for smoking.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)