Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I left my kid in the car

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM
  • 15 Replies

I had a dream that I left my child in his car seat when I went to work. It was sooo life like. I mean, thank God, when I realized it in my dream he was okay but I kept thinking "Omg, how did I FORGET my child?" How is that even possible? I woke up almost in tears because I was so upset at my Dream Self. lol And then my thoughts trailed off to, "The women on CafeMom would tear me apart if this really  happened."

Anyone else having any weird dreams lately? Feel free to share.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katherine2girlz
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:06 PM

I get strange dreams sometimes too, but it's okay, just remind yourself that they are not true!

huntersmama711
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:07 PM
I've always been scared of being so distracted that I would do that but honestly I don't see how anyone could do that. I was watching a show on tv and the dad left his kid in the car without realizing it and everyone was trying to make him feel better about it but I know it would be extremely hard for me to ever forgive someone who did that with my ds
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:08 PM

Quoting huntersmama711:

I've always been scared of being so distracted that I would do that but honestly I don't see how anyone could do that. I was watching a show on tv and the dad left his kid in the car without realizing it and everyone was trying to make him feel better about it but I know it would be extremely hard for me to ever forgive someone who did that with my ds

I know, I've always been so scared of it happening. He is such an important part of my life, how could I forget him in a car? or in the house? lol The kid is attatched to my hip, so I dont think I'll ever have that problem. Plus he talks a lot.. it'd be too quite & I'd notice something was off. haha

MellyO
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM
I had a dream my 7 week old got cancer. :( I woke up bawling. DH hates it when I get dreams like that. He says it makes him sad.
TristaB
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:11 PM
I had dreams like that all the time after I had my son..very scary!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovinmykiddo07
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:13 PM

Quoting MellyO:

I had a dream my 7 week old got cancer. :( I woke up bawling. DH hates it when I get dreams like that. He says it makes him sad.

Oh gosh, that would have me bawling too. :( We lost SO's grandmother this past year to cancer & we found out my aunt has breast cancer as well. We aren't too fond of cancer around here. :( And considering I have Human T-cell Lymphotropic Virus & 1 in 20 people with it will develop Lymphoma its a real possiblity that I could one day have it too. :(

anon1986East
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:14 PM

Several times I've woke up in tears, just uncontrollable sobs and a gut wrenching pain because in my nightmare one of my children had died. I can never remember the specifics involved with my child's death, I can only remember that in the nightmare he/she was dead. Twice it was my oldest DD, another time it was one of my twins and last time it was my 8 month old DS. It's the most terrifying thing in my head. The first time it happened I woke up DH because I was screaming in my sleep and crying. Even after he woke me up I was sobbing and shaking. I had to go to my daughter's room and check on her (at the time she was about 2 years old) and that's where I fell back to sleep, on the floor next to her bed.

lovinmykiddo07
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Quoting anon1986East:

Several times I've woke up in tears, just uncontrollable sobs and a gut wrenching pain because in my nightmare one of my children had died. I can never remember the specifics involved with my child's death, I can only remember that in the nightmare he/she was dead. Twice it was my oldest DD, another time it was one of my twins and last time it was my 8 month old DS. It's the most terrifying thing in my head. The first time it happened I woke up DH because I was screaming in my sleep and crying. Even after he woke me up I was sobbing and shaking. I had to go to my daughter's room and check on her (at the time she was about 2 years old) and that's where I fell back to sleep, on the floor next to her bed.

Your reply nearly had me crying. :( I hate bad dreams like that.

MellyO
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:17 PM

Quoting lovinmykiddo07:

Quoting MellyO:

Oh gosh, that would have me bawling too. :( We lost SO's grandmother this past year to cancer & we found out my aunt has breast cancer as well. We aren't too fond of cancer around here. :( And considering I have Human T-cell Lymphotropic Virus & 1 in 20 people with it will develop Lymphoma its a real possiblity that I could one day have it too. :(

:( That's so sad!! I'm sorry! :( I'm not fond of cancer either. My sister and I deemed it, the worst word ever.

anon1986East
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:19 PM

I agree. A few years back there was a story on the news that a man had left his infant child (can't remember if it was a boy or girl) in the car at the train station - he had gotten on his train into the city for work and completely forgot about his child until the state police called him at work. His excuse, or "reasoning", was that his wife normally drops the baby off with daycare but that morning his wife had to go into work early so he was suppose to drop the baby off but forgot since he had the same morning routine for the last 4 or 5 years. I just don't understand how you can compeletly forget that there is a baby in your backseat - especially when there normally isn't a baby there.

Quoting huntersmama711:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)