Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Effexor.....ever been on it?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM
  • 45 Replies

How did it make you feel if you missed a dose?  How did it feel to come off of it?

Yesterday I missed my dose.....just totally forgot and today I have been so ....ill.  I was having a hard time focusing, I felt dizzy, I had a headache, it almost felt like I had vertigo.

Do those syptoms sounds like something a missed dose of my effexor could have brought on?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:20 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Just....Be
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Bumpity

I_love_doritos
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:28 PM
No but I am on cymbalta. I have missed a dose and I didn't feel any effects. Have you googled effexor and side effects? I don't really think missing one dose would do that. Are you on any other meds?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starryeyez23
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Yes. Missing a dose was god awful. Migraines, throwing up it was horrible. I'd also get really really emotional if I forgot a day
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Just....Be
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:30 PM

I am just googling it right now, yes Im on BP meds and also 2 diabetic meds.

Quoting I_love_doritos:

No but I am on cymbalta. I have missed a dose and I didn't feel any effects. Have you googled effexor and side effects? I don't really think missing one dose would do that. Are you on any other meds?

Just....Be
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM

Oh yeah?  Great.  I am only supposed to be on this med for 6 months, I cannot fathom how it is going to feel to come off them completely, though I know my doc will slowly wean me off. 

If my symptoms were from missing 1 dose, oh my god, I felt like I was dying!

Quoting starryeyez23:

Yes. Missing a dose was god awful. Migraines, throwing up it was horrible. I'd also get really really emotional if I forgot a day

soon2bemomof307
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM
I'm on effexor. Yes it makes me the same way. Awful dizzy spells. I try my hardest to not forget to take it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ATG499
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM
I never have those symptoms, but I seem to fall off my rocker emotionally. It's as if I'm pregnant again whenever I miss a dose!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starryeyez23
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM
Coming off it, even slowly, put me inpatient :-/ it is AWFUL and one of the most addicting medicines there are

Quoting Just....Be:

Oh yeah?  Great.  I am only supposed to be on this med for 6 months, I cannot fathom how it is going to feel to come off them completely, though I know my doc will slowly wean me off. 

Quoting starryeyez23:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Just....Be
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM

Wow. I am reading WebMD right now and ppl are talking about their symptoms, they mention everything I did, right down to the feeling of vertigo. Damn, I will never miss a dose again.  This is horrible.

Quoting soon2bemomof307:

I'm on effexor. Yes it makes me the same way. Awful dizzy spells. I try my hardest to not forget to take it.

Just....Be
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

Really?  I am scared shitless now =(

Quoting starryeyez23:

Coming off it, even slowly, put me inpatient :-/ it is AWFUL and one of the most addicting medicines there are

Quoting Just....Be:

Quoting starryeyez23:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)