Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Mother of 3 killed by her ex.. Please Read

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 31 Replies

http://www.marionstar.com/article/20120209/NEWS01/120209004

MARION — A woman who had moved away out of fear was killed the day she returned.

Police found Amy Lynn Aldrich, 30, dead from a gunshot wound at her cousin’s home, 617 Bartram Ave.

“She was a beautiful person inside and out,” said Margaret Reed, Aldrich’s mother.

“No one had anything against Amy,” said Brenda Cook, Aldrich’s aunt. “She was smiley and bubbly, always trying to make someone laugh.”

Aldrich had lived with Reed since mid-2011. She had returned to Marion for a child support hearing with Bo Cook, 25, the father of her youngest child.

Family Court Administrator David Reed said her hearing was set for 10 a.m. Wednesday. Aldrich showed up for the hearing, but Cook did not.

Cook later appeared at the scene of the homicide, walking up to police and Aldrich’s family members. Police took him into custody for questioning.

Cook was arraigned Thursday on felony charges of possession of heroin and assault in Marion Municipal Court. The charges are not related to the homicide case.

Cook’s bond was set at $25,000 cash or corporate. He was bonded out of the Multi-County Correctional Center at about 6 p.m. Thursday.

Aldrich got a civil protection order against Cook in December 2010. Cook violated that order twice and interfered with custody, according to Marion Municipal Court records. He had been ordered by the court to stay at least 500 feet away from Aldrich at all times.

In November 2011, Aldrich petitioned to have the protection order modified. David Reed said that when she returned to court, Aldrich talked about how she moved and said she and Cook had been getting along for the last five to six months.
“We just want justice for Amy,” said Brenda Cook.

Margaret Reed not only has to bury her daughter, but figure out how to pay for funeral arrangements. “I still have three kids at home and in school. I don’t know how I’m going to pay for this funeral,” Reed said.

Aldrich’s mother just wants to remember her daughter, and not the horrible way she died. “She was my first born, I go down memory lane and think about the day I held her,” Reed said. “I love my daughter. She was the center of my world.”

“I want her to be remembered the way she was — her big, beautiful smile and brown eyes.”

There is a link to the Marion Star at the top!

Amy was my cousin, I was very close to her. She was shot in the head 8 times! She did not deserve what happened to her, nobody deserves this! Amy was only 30 years old, and she had 3 children, 2 boys and a girl. I live in TN now, but I am leaving to go back home so I can be there for the funeral. My family is having a hard time coming up with the money to Bury her. The funeral home wont go get her body unless they have 3000 dollars. There has been a bank account set up for anyone who can donate to help bary her. PLEASE if anyone can donate even 1 dollar it would help tremendously. If anyone is willing to donate you can do so at THE UNITED FEDERAL CREDIT UNION AT 1332 CAMPBELL RD OR THE BRANCH AT 116 EASTLAWN DRIVE IN MARION OHIO 43302 (740) 383-5281 You can call to donate, just tell them it's for the Amy Aldrich help fund. Please help my family bury my cousin, Thank you

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
P.V.Hawkwind
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:31 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
I_love_doritos
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:32 PM
That is so sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ColtsFan1912
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:33 PM

how sad :(

connorsmommy120
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:34 PM

BUMP!

MeAndLo
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:35 PM

BUMP!

isleysmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM

BUMP!

momtolittleones
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:37 PM

I am so sorry for your loss. My beautiful cousin was murdered by her boyfriend January 17, 2011. She left behind 3 beautiful daughters. Prayers going for your family.

Jesus is my Saviour!!!!!!!!!!!

kcangel63
by Freebirther on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM

I'm so sorry!  Praying for her children, and your family

louzannalady
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:38 PM
*hug* I am so sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ZaneAndZoeys08
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:39 PM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)