Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

oh my this Texas weather..

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM
  • 37 Replies
So it might "snow" for the first time all winter long tonight here in Northern Texas. I looked at the radar and its getting mighty close! (I live in Greenville, just north of Dallas), but get this.. By Wednesday its supposed to be back in the 70's! It's been this way almost all winter long. Monday its rainy and cold, Tuesday its warm and sunny, Wednesday its just plain cold, Thursday its hot and humid.. Etc. They weren't kidding when they said "don't like the weather? Wait a minute, it will change." I heard that quote a lot growing up and it definitely applies. I guess I just never really noticed before, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
do11face
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:41 PM
1 mom liked this
I live in north texas, too. At least it's not summer yet!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Ihereainti
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM
Crazy weather here too and I live on sc nc border brrr
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
BabySocks0912
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:43 PM
That's for sure! Last summer was way too much to handle. I don't know that I could survive another summer like that.

Quoting do11face:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

ugh i know. we live in east tx, my husband works in dallas during the wk, though.

it blows. lol

friday it was sunny and nice. yesterday was freezing all day and in the 20s last night. but will warm up tomorrow and through the wk. LOL

do11face
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM
I have feeling it will be the same. Every summer I wonder why I still live here, lol.

Quoting BabySocks0912:

That's for sure! Last summer was way too much to handle. I don't know that I could survive another summer like that.

Quoting do11face:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
stevens_mom2008
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:44 PM

it snowed down here in Killeen, which is 45 min north of austin

dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:45 PM

it was horrid! on the plus side, i havent had to mow my yard in like a year. its been either scorched or frozen.

Quoting BabySocks0912:

Quoting do11face:

OxbAbIebxO
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:46 PM
I'm in CT, Friday it was almost 50, Saturday it snowed but was like 35 so nothing stuck, today it's been in the teens until this afternoon it got up to 29-30, then the rest of the week is supposed to be mid-high 40s.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Embers88
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:47 PM

Yup. I live in the Texas Panhandle and it's been snowing all day. I remember in highschool a student transferred from California. She said, "I... I just don't understand..." lol.. it had snowed about a foot and then the next day it was 70 degrees. 

momma2mms
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 4:49 PM
1 mom liked this

i'm about 30 min. from you. i hope we get snow!!!

i love texas and it's crazy weather.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)