Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I hear the changes in his voice. I am on the verge of tears right now.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM
  • 116 Replies
27 moms liked this

I just spoke to my son.  The one that has barely went to school the past 3 school years.  The one that has been majorly depressed and suicidal for the past 3 years.  The one that wouldn't speak to me and if he did, it was only in anger. The one that I have cried so many nights for the past 16 years.

For the first time in several years, I heard happiness.  It was there and it was real.

He is going to school again in a special program that is helping him regain the time he has missed and move forward at the same time.  Once he gets his Freshman and Sophomore credits caught up, he will also be gaining college credits as he completes his Junior and Senior year.

He said that he is really enjoying it. He is making friends.  There are only about 60 kids total in the program. There was excitement in his voice as he spoke. Even though it was over the phone, I could see his eyes gleaming. 

I think this may really be it. I may be getting my son back that I have been missing so long.

He told me he loved me.

ETA:  For those that do not know his story, this post will tell a little about him and link you to another post that tells a lot about him.  Click here  That little boy in the pic is the one that I have wanted back for so long.  He is my mini-me.  I miss seeing him happy.

Update:  I couldn't stop thinking about him, so I had to text him.  I said, "I was really glad to hear from you today.  You sounded so much happier. I love you Grant. Be strong and turn things around. You are too smart and too good to let life pass you by."

I haven't spoken to him since Christmas and then it was just me forcing a few things out of him. I hadn't spoken to him for almost 3 months before that.  I am hoping he is ready to start letting me love him again. :)

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Apollos82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I have happy tears in my eyes for you.

Really, this makes me so happy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
dmarie2101
by Diamond Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM
1 mom liked this

awww thats great! good luck to him and you!

momdoes
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

Made me cry!!!!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!

blessed107
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

That is so wonderful,I hope he keeps improving. Hugs!

MissLeanna
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM
:) beautiful.

Good for your son, and for the family.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rydersmommy178
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM
That is so awesome! :) Im glad he has found some hope... And that he let you know he loves you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wicked_tink
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 5:59 PM

you are a great mama and i hope things get better for you guys <3

NessaLovesEmma
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:00 PM
Amazing!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laciD
So happy for both of you :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KME3
That's great!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)