Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

would you give him another chance

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM
  • 19 Replies

Poll

Question: would you give him another chance?

Options:

yes, in an instant

yes, but slowly and with restrictions

no, but keep a good relationship for the kids

divorce his ass and dont give it a second thought

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 33

View Results

so I will keep this as simple as possible. DH and I are still married but he is only home part time by my choice. I told him I wanted to make it a full seperation last week because I dont even know why the hell we are even married anymore. I feel like a single parent who just happens to be married. He is never there when I need him and he only comes home when he wants to eat or sleep or rag on me and the kids about everything he dislikes about the house or my parenting. we have slept in seperate bedrooms for over a year already and we are getting further and further apart. 

Last week he yelled at our 3 year old daughter and I think he went WAY overbord. now she hates him and I have had the last straw. since our little talk he has been loving, nice, conversational, and hasent tottally changed and he still isnt home full time but when he is here he help and is honestly trying to be a better person. I just dont want to be the idiot that takes him back AGAIN for the umpteenth time. 

he has been a really shitty husband over the past few years but if I look back he is trying to become a better person it is just taking FOREVER I dont want to waste my whole life waiting for someone to turn back into the man he was when I first met him 10 years ago. I am just STUCK!!!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.betty.white.
by bilf on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Go to marriage counseling.

couponluv72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM

i am so sorry for your pain and frustration. but I would not give up on a marriage without at least trying some marriage counceling. just my opinion

Jperry86
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:08 PM
1 mom liked this
Im pro-marriage. If he is making a concerted effort, work it out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TheMrs407
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM

I agree with the PPs.  What has been done to try to save the marriage?

TarotMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
I'm sorry but that's really not enough info to decide on ending your marriage. It sounds like he's verbally abusive, is he physically abusive?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
talopa
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I was thinking about marrage counseling. . . I just didnt want to invest more time and effort in a marrage that has been bad for years. I do go to individual counseling. I will bring the idea up to him. thank you guys

luvmeeyes
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Have you tried marriage counceling? where does he stay if he's not with you? If he's not cheating, i would try counceling.

louzannalady
Marriage counselling first. If he won't go, then divorce. Counselling is the only way to work through these things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mommyredrose23

What do you mean by him being home part-time?  Does he work long distance?  Does he stay out partying or spending time with other people?

I'd need to know more, or at least the basics, to answer your question.

If he's been cheating and being a douche, then I probably wouldn't give him another chance, but if cheating isn't an issue, then I probably would try to work it out...with restrictions (like counseling).

Best wishes!

Follow my blog: http://myspokenvoice.blogspot.com/

Like to write and read? Join us at http://rememberingforever.com/twv/.

talopa

A few years ago yes he was when he drank and he would drink a lot. I left him and he isnt allowed in MY house if he has had any alcohol. he knows that I will call the police in an instant now

Quoting TarotMommy:

I'm sorry but that's really not enough info to decide on ending your marriage. It sounds like he's verbally abusive, is he physically abusive?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)