Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I think I just did something really bad...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
  • 27 Replies

I told my 18 year old son why his dad and I are fighting right now.  I know I shouldn't include the kids, but then again he is 18 and I feel like he has the right to know.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yayay15
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM
At 18 I don't think it matters too much. However at 18 they are also capable of taking sides and maybe telling the other one something they don't need to know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mich.el.le
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Why are you fighting?  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing you told him, just as long as you weren't bashing your ex or trying to pit your son against him.

ff-princess
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I don't think even adult children have any business in the middle of their parents' relationship, even after they're divorced.  it's not their relationship, and they shouldn't have intimate details about it.

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM

He was addressing some concerns he had about his dad and I did the same. I know he can handle it.  He understood my concerns and I understood his.  The sad thing is that everyone has his dad's best interest in mind except his dad. It is hard to keep caring for someone that can't care about themselves.  Or, maybe he only cares about himself.  I am not sure how to look at it.

Quoting yayay15:

At 18 I don't think it matters too much. However at 18 they are also capable of taking sides and maybe telling the other one something they don't need to know.

xo.MommyW.xo
I don't see it as a big deal
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
.betty.white.
by bilf on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Hugs momma.

nikki32230
At 18 it's probably not such a big deal, I guess it depends on what the fight is about....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss_lisa
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:14 PM
As a person who was 18 when her parents split... ya you shouldn't have said anything. I hated when my parents would tell me about the problems they were having with each other.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TrouserMouse

The whole "prostitute girlfriend that mistreated my youngest son" thing.

Quoting mich.el.le:

Why are you fighting?  I don't necessarily think it's a bad thing you told him, just as long as you weren't bashing your ex or trying to pit your son against him.

mom2_3blessings
Adults only tell kids and people in general stuff like that when they want that particular person to take "their " side of the issue .. Or to justify the way they have been acting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)