Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Puke everywhere!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM
  • 6 Replies

My family must be under a curse...

I've puked 12 times today, diarreah every hour.... excruciating back pain.

Husband - - can't move. Diarreah. Puke. Fever.

Six year old -- same.

17 month old -- same. I can't even handle this right now. I just crawled up the stairs to attempt to clean the puke all over her crib. My other issue: I can't get her to drink anything. I've tried the pedialite popsicles, bottle, sippy cup, medicine syringe... nothing. She will not take a drink of anything. I don't know what to do. I'm about ready to pass out myself....

Other creative ideas? Help? I've had stomach bugs in the past, but this is much worse than anything I've ever experienced in my 28 years of living....

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
blsdbyangel07
by Evil Food Lady on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:13 PM

Ew :(  Bless your family's hearts.  Hope you all feel better soon!

starmoonmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I am recovering from the same illness. My daughter brought it home Thurs and its made the rounds, me last. Its a 24hr bug here.  No advice, it just sucks. Hope you all feel better quick!

frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM

DO NOT GIVE ANYONE ANY LIQUIDS !!!!!   With that much vomiting, you do not want to add more ammunition to the vomiting or risk dehydration from said vomiting.  It is best to let the stomach completely empty out and then wait an hour before attempting sips of a clear beverage.  If you have any friends or family near by, I would call and see if any of them are brave enough to come help out your household.  It sounds like the nasty norovirus  or perhaps food poisoning.

starmoonmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM

Totally agree with this 100%

Quoting frndlyfn:

DO NOT GIVE ANYONE ANY LIQUIDS !!!!!   With that much vomiting, you do not want to add more ammunition to the vomiting or risk dehydration from said vomiting.  It is best to let the stomach completely empty out and then wait an hour before attempting sips of a clear beverage.  If you have any friends or family near by, I would call and see if any of them are brave enough to come help out your household.  It sounds like the nasty norovirus  or perhaps food poisoning.

MissLeanna
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM
This.

Quoting frndlyfn:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
CountryGirl0809
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:28 PM
Call doctor they will call you all in anti nausea meds. As for the kids take them to the ER now! Theyll give them IV drip. I had that before Chriatmas and ended up in the ER. It was Terrible
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)