Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Should I leave him behind or just not get married?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM
  • 67 Replies

Okay many of you know me and my fiancee recently took custody of my little brother who is 12. I am kinda in a dilema now though. We have our wedding all planned (and has been planned for a while) for a cruise to the bahamas in the begining of September. It is both of our dream wedding and many of our guest have already booked for the cruise. Well I talked to my brothers case worker about the situation, and she said it is up to the judge whether he can go or not. She said that last time she put a vacation in for out of the country he said no though. She said if we still decided to go she could arrange for him to be put in foster care for that week. I dont want to leave him behind and would feel awful if he went to foster care while we went on vacation. I also dont want to tell all my guest they have wasted their money on a cruise we are not getting married on. What would you do? I am just hoping the judge approves it since this is our wedding.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.shank.
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:17 PM
1 mom liked this
Is any other family/friends allowed to watch him?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cLanief
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:18 PM
2 moms liked this
if you have custody why cant you go out of the country?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KME3
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:18 PM
Bump
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Quoting cLanief:

Because it is only temporary custody. CPS is still involved, mom still has visitation rights. I just know that I have to ask to leave state much less the country with him.

Just....Be
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Can a family member or a family friend watch him for the week?

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM
1 mom liked this

I wouldn't cancel the wedding especially because people have already booked and paid to attend. But why foster care?

cdi
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM

Quoting .shank.:

Is any other family/friends allowed to watch him?

No the ones that are already booked the cruise =/ This was all done before I got custody in Dec.

cLanief
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:20 PM
what's it say in the paper work? Does it say you have to have permission?

Quoting cdi:

Quoting cLanief:

Because it is only temporary custody. CPS is still involved, mom still has visitation rights. I just know that I have to ask to leave state much less the country with him.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cdi
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM

Quoting JulyBabies:

I wouldn't cancel the wedding especially because people have already booked and paid to attend. But why foster care?

The only people that are in the family that could watch him is going on the cruise. They have all book already.

EmmaGlenn20
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:23 PM

Can you find a friend of your family's, or a friend of a friend? Maybe one of his friend's parents could have him over?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)