Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Spirituality

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM
  • 11 Replies

How did you find what spiritual path to follow?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Pink_Sunshine
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:16 PM

a life-changing personal experience in my life has led me to the beliefs I presently have. There was no mistaking what the chosen path was for me

aka_speezolove
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

a life-changing personal experience in my life has led me to the beliefs I presently have. There was no mistaking what the chosen path was for me

Do you mind me asking what path you take?

TarotMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:19 PM
I haven't aligned with any particular path and I don't know that I ever will. I consider myself eclectically spiritual.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xRockaBrittanyx
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM

I still haven't.

I know that Paganism would be the closest thing to me, but I have a very logical mind, and anything spiritual.. be it thinking that a god or goddess exists, or thinking that the universe has a plan, or even that energy flows around us.. is hard for me to accept.

kaygarcia97
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:21 PM
1 mom liked this
I was raised as a good church attending, bible study leading, singing in the choir southern baptist. In the past five and a half years I will readily admit that I have strayed from what I used to love. some people experience tragedy and grow closer to their faith, but for me it took me in the opposite direction and it is starting to hurt my heart. Im slowly coming around, its just taken me awhile to stop blaming God and placed the blame where it really belongs.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Pink_Sunshine
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM

I am an Evangelical Christian :)

Quoting aka_speezolove:

Quoting Pink_Sunshine:

Do you mind me asking what path you take?

aka_speezolove
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:37 PM

To answer my own question, I was raised for half my childhood as a Catholic, but never, even as a child agreed with it. I then started in paganism as a teenager, was pagan for several years and then around the age of 20 or so, started exploring other paths, ranging from buddism to satanism. I still didn't feel a fit and then went back to Christian roots. I found that at the age of 22, I was mostly aligned with Evangelical Christianity. I accepted Christ as my savior later that year, lost my pagan friends (thier choice! in fact they hurt me deeply and mocked me) and was baptized in 2008 at the age of 26. I am 30 now.

chalisa0
by Kim on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:38 PM

Hmmm.  Good question!  I was raised by atheist parents.  I never felt comfortable with that.  I always knew (even as a child) that there was a God and something spiritual that was much greater than I.  I always prayed on my own.  I went with a childhood friend to (Catholic) summer camp one year.  It was great, but not quite right (for me).  In college, I started looking through books to find which religion, and then Christian denomination felt correct and appropriate to me.  I met my husband (to be) at about this same time and he came from a pretty religious family.  After our daughter was born, we tried different denomination churches from the most conservative evangelical to the much more liberal Protestant ones.  We settled on the Presbyterian church (pretty liberal) closest to our house because the people were so warm and friendly and welcoming.  They didn't judge me for a lack of religious upbringing-in fact, the opposite.  They wanted to help me learn about it.  The church was full of intellectual people, who were all Christians.  I could talk to doctors, professors, politicians, lawyers-any educated (and noneducated) occupation.  And they all were happy (at this church) to discuss their faith with me.  It was so enlightening and fulfilling to me.  I just felt at home.  I got baptized with my kids and I've gone this route ever since.  Now, here and there I do question decisions made by the church (people), but my faith is strong.         

louzannalady
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 6:51 PM
I looked a long time. My mom was against organized religion, because of bad expereiences. She always answered my questions as best she could. But, from the time I was nine, I knew I wanted to attend church. When I was ten, I had a lot of LDS friends. I was always comfortable with them and their families. My parents did not smoke or drink, so I was always uncomfortable around it. When I was seventeen, there was a temple open house. I waked through the Celestial Room and I felt like I belonged there. It was like I had been there before. I knew, right then I wanted to go back. My family was opposed. By the time I was twenty, I had looked into other churches my family approved of or did not completely hate. I also became Catholic. Even though I took the classes and studied like crazy, I just did not feel right about some of the doctrines. I finally decided, since I was an adult, I had to do what was right for me. I went to the LDS church the Sunday after Thanksgiving and started meeting with the missionaries. I was baptised Jan 27, 2004 and was confirmed Feb 1. I never regretted it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TableforSeven
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:03 PM
1 mom liked this
Years of prayer and study have brought me to where I am....which I feel deep in my soul is where I have belonged my entire life.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)