Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What would you do? Update

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
  • 25 Replies

So I found my "brother" ( we grew up together not blood related) on fb. We haven't spoken in about 9 yrs. I want to send him a hey how are you message, but am not sure if I should. We used to be very close.

What would you do?

Adding updates here:

This is what I finally sent after writing it a 1/2 hour earlier.

Hey. Not sure if you are going to remember me. I'm Kim's daughter. Anyways just wanted to say hi. My mom told me she found you on FB. I have been thinking about you over the years and wondered how you have been. I hope this finds you well. Congrats on the marriage by the way.

Now it is a waiting game. 

Why do I feel like some little kid either waiting for some acceptance letter or a note with yes circled on it from her crush. I have checked my FB more today than I have in the pass 2 weeks. I hate waiting for anyhting.

2/17

So somehow I also friend requested him. Not exactly sure how that happened. He accepted my friend request, but still no message. I am wondering if it is because he is using mobile (all his posts are from mobile). Well hopefully he will say hi.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
epoh
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:06 PM
Do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:10 PM

Think I should. i am just afraid he will not remember me or not want to talk to me.

Quoting epoh:

Do it!

Ihereainti
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM
Won't know unless you try...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
epoh
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:11 PM
1 mom liked this
The worse thing that will happen is he won't respond. If that happens you won't have lost anything.

If that doesn't happen you have a piece of your heart back. :)

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Think I should. i am just afraid he will not remember me or not want to talk to me.

Quoting epoh:

Do it!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DaiTilley
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:14 PM
I went through something similar, but in reverse;
My father (and his entire side of the family) have been out of my life since he stopped answering our calls when I was somewhere around sixth grade.
Two of his sisters found me on Facebook and it was nice to hear from them, even if it was a bit akward at first... And it even led to an email and then a letter and a gift for my new son from my father!
I'd say go for it...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:18 PM
1 mom liked this

Ok this is what I wrote> Does it sound ok. I also added my maiden name just in case.

Hey. Not sure if you are going to remember me. I'm Kim's daughter. Anyways just wanted to say hi. My mom told me she found you on FB. I have been thinking about you over the years and wondered how you have been. I hope this finds you well. Congrats on the marriage by the way.

DaiTilley
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:22 PM
1 mom liked this
Sounds good to me! Reaching out without being intrusive or awkward.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Ok this is what I wrote> Does it sound ok. I also added my maiden name just in case.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:23 PM

Good. Because I suck at writing to people. I never know how to word anything.

Quoting DaiTilley:

Sounds good to me! Reaching out without being intrusive or awkward.

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

epoh
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:24 PM
That's fine. :)

Quoting GreenEyePixie:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkyPan
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:25 PM

I hope you get a response back! Good luck and keep us posted.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)