Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

why is so hard to find new friends

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM
  • 11 Replies

Hi im 26 i and i had and account with cm sometime ago but i close it, i decided to comeback, and i just want to vent, because even thought as i as was growing up i was shy and it wasn't so easy for me to make new friends i did made a few awesome friends that are still my friend even thought now we live far from each other, but now its been almost five year and in this five years i have live in 3 different cities because my husband is in the navy and i haven been able to make friends, in work i usually work with just guys, and i have been going to few Church's but i never find any friends even though i go to church for God it would be nice to have some friends and go out , and now i thought that i had finally met some new friends and today its my birthday and she said that she would take me out for dinner, she never called and it really makes me sad, my husband its very good with me and we are very in love and we have a beautiful son but i just miss having friends, does any have any good ideas , or feel the same way?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
danarae1976
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:38 PM

I am the same way.  It's hard as an adult to make friends.  

militarymom2012
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM

Quoting danarae1976:

Yeah, but i wish it was easier, because even thouth i have very good dh and very good ds i feel alone

militarymom2012
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:20 PM

bump

lindilouwho82
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:23 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting militarymom2012:

Quoting danarae1976:

Yeah, but i wish it was easier, because even thouth i have very good dh and very good ds i feel alone

Me too! I always think there is something wrong with me. I meet someone and things seem as if they are going to work out and they never seem to blossom into anything. I always feel like I am missing something. I feel blessed to have what I have and am thankful for the family I do have but I would like some ladies my age to confide in, go out with, have coffee with and vent to.

You can tell more about a person by what he says about others than you can by what others say about him.
militarymom2012
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Quoting lindilouwho82:

Quoting militarymom2012:

Quoting danarae1976:

Me too! I always think there is something wrong with me. I meet someone and things seem as if they are going to work out and they never seem to blossom into anything. I always feel like I am missing something. I feel blessed to have what I have and am thankful for the family I do have but I would like some ladies my age to confide in, go out with, have coffee with and vent to.

Yeah, i feel the same way and the same thing happens to me i meet some people and it seems like a friendship is going to blossom but it doesnt and i wonder if there is something wrong with me, i mean i think that im very normal and that i have a pretty family but i maybe i will never know why

Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM

I am right there with you. I am also having a hard time finding friends. I have 1 but she's going to move away soon. We're military too and I am living at til place since 4 years, go to story time in the library, to the pool in summertime, parks and still nothing. Mostly it's because they either wear their husbands rank (I don't, I could care less which rank someone is or which branche) or it's because I don't fit in their pictures (I am from Germany originally and raise my kids bilingual).

mizhoward
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM
I don't have many close friends either. I have only about 3 close friends.
GreenEyePixie
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:17 PM
Agreed.

Quoting danarae1976:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ashley872
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM
I am very very shy... and thats why i only hang out with my family sometimes it sucks cause it feels like i have noone :((
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
charliebee
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Hugs

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)