Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Teacher gifts?? Proper ettiquite?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM
  • 3 Replies

My son is in a private preschool.

He started off in the blue room. Him and two other boys were feeding off of eachothers bad behavior..turns out DS has a develpoemental delay, but before we found this out, we decided to move DS to the red room.

He has excelled in the red room. He is doing better than ever. He's learning french, and when I mentioned to his teacher that he is learning ASL at home, she started using it in every day conversation with him..

Anyways... He has two teachers in this classroom.. Ms. A and Ms. C

In the blue room, he had two teachers Mr. R and Ms. K

I loved Ms. K, but really really disliked Mr. R .. heis an ineffective teacher, who doesn't have the patience for preschoolers, and should probably be teaching middle school or higher. He told me in front of my DS that none of the other kids liked DS.. don't say that in front of my kid you asshole. Needless to say, DS didn't like him either..

We were making Valentines bookmarks for Ms. A and Ms. C today, and DS asked to make one for Ms. K.

If he gives one to Ms. K, Mr. R would be standing right there... He refuses to make one for Mr. R and I can't blame him, or make him.

What would YOU do here?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
skittlebeans88
by Traci on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM
He shouldn't have to make him one. he was rude to your son and said nobody liked him.. I wouldn't make him
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovingSAHMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:42 PM

That's tough. But, since he made that rude comment in front of your son, I wouldn't expect your son to make something for him, and I wouldn't force him to do it. I'd go ahead and let him give it to the three nice teachers. The asshole one can just feel stupid when he realizes that he caused a preschooler to dislike him.

lovinglife0682
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:44 PM
I understand but sometimes it is good to teach your kids that they can still be kind even if it is not an easy thing to do. My daughter has a little boy in her class that has called her names. On the playground he has called her a shit and an ass. The comments have stopped since telling her teacher but she is still hurt by what he said. She did not want to give him a Christmas bag or a valentine but I told her that sometimes we need to be the bigger person.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)