Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would you let your dd

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM
  • 49 Replies
Spend the night with a friend who lives with only her father?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
PEEK05
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM

It depends on how well I know the friend and the father. They would have to be really close family friends in order for me to feel comfortable with that. I would prefer the friend to stay the night in my home.

cLanief
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:54 PM
Yeah... Why wouldn't i?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
celeciag
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM
Probably not. Weve already agreed on a strict no sleep-away rule unless its with certain family members.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:55 PM
I have, the father was a very close friend. Honestly, I would be nervous with a stranger. Wouldn't let my child spend the night anywhere unless I met the parent(s) a few times.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
allornone
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM

My dd's rarely spend the night anywhere. I think I can count on one hand for both girls.

spunky946
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Yes
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
myboysRmyhero
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:56 PM
Yea why not i grew up with just my dad since my mom died when i was 10 and my step mom was opnly there for like 2yrs!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Brugger
by Tiara on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM

sure, as long as I think she's old enough for a sleepover and I've met the friend (and possibly the father). If the friend is polite and responsible I can't imagine her father being much different.

Kmary
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM

Absolutely!  I promise that otherwise normal, loving fathers don't automatically become pedophiles the second their child has a female friend come over to play.

JulyBabies
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 7:57 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes, I am not the type to suspect that every man is a pedophile. I would get to know the situation and character of any family that I planned for my daughter to spend any period of time with.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)