Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you cuss in front of your children?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM
  • 73 Replies

If not, do you get upset if others do?

I accidentally do on occassion. I try to limit it obviously, but I figure he's going to hear and see things that he knows he isn't supposed to do his entire life. It's my job to teach him what is right and wrong, and that even mommy makes mistakes. I don't mind if others do as long as it's not out of anger, or long strings of them. There's a different between stubbing your toe and saying "s*^t", and getting angry and saying "F this, F that, Mother F'er", etc. The former I can't stand to hear myself.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Homemaker4Life
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:14 PM

I don't curse, so no.

YettaR
Nope never....but I don't curse anyway neither does dh...my 2yo doesn't even know what a "bad" word is
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tess24
Ugh! I do but on accident, not really bad stuff just like damn and pissed. But still if I don't want them to say it I should set an example. For anything I don't want them to say, like frickin and shut up or anything... )= I'm naughty
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
3earthangels
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM
1 mom liked this
I do, and I allow mine to cuss at times to. Not an every day situation for them to cuss, but they hear me cuss like a drunken sailor.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RobinChristine
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:15 PM

personally I dont cuss at all. My husband cusses,we have a 16YO special needs son. I call him on it and others when it gets out of hand.

Sassy01
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM

we try not to, but it does slip at times. but our kids are both adults now and they will let er rip at times.

MrsApple
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:16 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't curse like a sailor,but she has heard me curse.I feel the same way as you LovingSAHM,about someone cursing in front of her.

CountryGirl0809
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
No. I think that is so trashy!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SarahLizyB
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
Occasionally, but I try not to. My son is the type of child to scold me when I swear
aritoyh
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Yes. We do not censor language in my home. The kiddos know that certain words are for grown ups only and my four year old calls them "mommy and daddy words" and actually tattles on anyone else who uses them. I have never had one of my children repeat a bad word back to me. I do not get mad when someone uses cuss words in front of my children either. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)