Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Thanks for kinda screwing me.

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM
  • 16 Replies
I'm working for dh's boss for 6 days. I'm pretty much a chauffeur for one of his clients from Uruguay. I was asked to do this on Wednesday so I asked my grandma to watch the kids. I started on Friday and I will be done Wednesday. My grandma said no problem, she would watch the kids.

Today I go to pick up the kids and she said she won't watch them anymore this week. So I had to try to find someone last minute. I have to leave by 6:30 tomorrow morning. Ugh.

I know I should be grateful she watched them when she did, but she agreed to watch them until Wednesday and then changed her mind at the last minute. She did that to me when I got a full time job over the summer too. I talked to my mom about it and mom said she did the same thing to her and she had to quit her job. It pisses me off beyond belief.

Ok. Vent over. Just had to get It out.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ff-princess
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

guess you know who not to ask next time, eh?

BEXi
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

That sucks.. but there's not much you can do but to try your best to find someone else. Good luck!

Tatum2U
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM

Maybe it' to much on her? How old is she? 

Ashlyn_Kray
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM

That really sucks and I would be furious.....I have had that happen a few times to me by my mom when she says the kids can stay the night on Friday, we make plans and then she makes plans and cancels them staying the night. It is so unfair when others back out of a commitment  : ( 

Stacie-Kim
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM

that sucks big time one of my cousins did that to me once canceled LAST MIN .. 

teri4lance
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Don't ever count on her again.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dark_Soul
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM

If she's done it before, you should have expected it.

Schleetle
Did she say why?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PEEK05

I can see why you are irritated. Feeling that way does not make you ungrateful. Did you ask why she won't watch them anymore? Were your kids maybe acting out (not trying to make a jab at you or your kids)?

black.eyeliner

Ok stop asking her for favors. It really sucks when people treat you that way especially when they are family. I hope you find someone. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)