Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What kind of catfood?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM
  • 20 Replies
What kind of catfood do you use? Wet? Dry? What brand?
I normally feed Innova Dry. Our new kitty is having trouble adjusting to being home and isn't eating so I bought some Wellness cans. He actually picked at and nibbled on it. He wound up eating half a can. He's a big boy (16 lbs) so it isn't enough but its better and I'm sure he will calm on down in a few more days.
So anyhow, what do you use?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wicked_tink
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM

i buy dry cat food and the brand is friskies

LCG83
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:36 PM
9lives dry food, but he loves canned food best. I just give him that once a day to once every few days.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MommeeTo4
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Dry and it is cheap Walmart brand, I feed strays and they are happy to have it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mitty18
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:38 PM
Deli cat dry and one can of nine lives or fancy feet.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mcr17
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM

we use dry. purina cat chow indoor formula. if he is 16 lbs then hes overweight and you should cut down on his food anyways.

not preaching. i have a fat cat too. but we are waiting to see what the vet tells us about him before we change his diet.

kathislove80
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:39 PM
Dry. My Kitty has a sensitive tummy and she was throwing up often. I thought she was sick or had a worm or something. The vet suggested changing her food to see if that helped. I was giving her Friskies dry. I switched to Eukanuba sensitive stomach. It helped instantly. She rarely gets sick now. Its a little pricier but it lasts a while and its worth it to not pick up cat vomit every day.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
DanaG70
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Friskies indoor. It's the only thing my female cat can keep down.
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:42 PM
He's actually not overweight, just a BIG cat. His brother, on the other hand, is overweight. He's 20lbs. I've only had the smaller one since Friday and the bigger since Nov., and he has lost a couple pounds. They are 8 years old so on senior low calorie food.

Quoting mcr17:

we use dry. purina cat chow indoor formula. if he is 16 lbs then hes overweight and you should cut down on his food anyways.

not preaching. i have a fat cat too. but we are waiting to see what the vet tells us about him before we change his diet.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:45 PM
You don't have to tell me the benefits of premium food. We only use premium brands. My dogs are grain free. They are on Nature's Recipe which is $50 for a 26lb. bag. The Innova for the cats is $45 for 16 pounds but that lasts 2+ months (not sure how long it will last with two cats. Just with Moe we've had he same bag since the beginning of December).

Quoting kathislove80:

Dry. My Kitty has a sensitive tummy and she was throwing up often. I thought she was sick or had a worm or something. The vet suggested changing her food to see if that helped. I was giving her Friskies dry. I switched to Eukanuba sensitive stomach. It helped instantly. She rarely gets sick now. Its a little pricier but it lasts a while and its worth it to not pick up cat vomit every day.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:46 PM

This is Zorro, the 16lb cat. Not fat, just huge.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)