Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tipping question....

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM
  • 10 Replies
One of my coworkers gave me a gift certificate to a nail salon for Christmas. I'm going to go this week. Its for a mani/pedi, which costs $36.00. My question is, how much would you tip?

I was thinking $5-7...is that too little? Any feedback is great! Thanks :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
couponluv72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:37 PM

I usually have tipped the nail salon gal $5. but I have never had anything really fancy done

Kodysmommy928
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:40 PM
1 mom liked this

20% at least.  I generally tip more if I am paying with a gift cert.  I would give her $10.

kathislove80
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:41 PM
Good point, thank you!

Quoting Kodysmommy928:

20% at least.  I generally tip more if I am paying with a gift cert.  I would give her $10.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacie-Kim
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this

no thats not too little I dontt think .. when you go out to eat double the tax and thats how much you should tip.. also if you sit at your table for 2 hours or longer you should give more cause you took up your waitresses table for 2 turns atleats .. lol sorry but this was bothering me today lol 

kathislove80
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:16 PM
Lol...BF is a server and two ladies took up a table in his section for almost four hours!!! He was so irritated when he came home. They left him a $4 tip on a $40 bill...cheapos

Quoting Stacie-Kim:

no thats not too little I dontt think .. when you go out to eat double the tax and thats how much you should tip.. also if you sit at your table for 2 hours or longer you should give more cause you took up your waitresses table for 2 turns atleats .. lol sorry but this was bothering me today lol 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LovingSAHMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this

I think $5-$7 sounds fine. :)

kathislove80
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM
Yeah I'm just getting a regular mani/pedi, nothing fancy, but I haven't been in so long I don't want to stiff the lady and be cheap

Quoting couponluv72:

I usually have tipped the nail salon gal $5. but I have never had anything really fancy done

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kathislove80
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:26 PM
1 mom liked this
Thanks! Just wanted to make sure I wasn't being cheap :)

Quoting LovingSAHMommy:

I think $5-$7 sounds fine. :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Stacie-Kim
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:27 PM

lol its so frustrating!! sometimes I thik they really dont get it .. that we dont make min wage even a normal hourly rate for a server is around $4 or LESS an hour.. we ONLY make our money through tips my weekly paychecks are between $65 and $80 a week the rest I make in tips and we have to flip those tables we only have so many tables and so many hours to work . and other times I feel like they know and are just cheap LOL 

Quoting kathislove80:

Lol...BF is a server and two ladies took up a table in his section for almost four hours!!! He was so irritated when he came home. They left him a $4 tip on a $40 bill...cheapos

Quoting Stacie-Kim:

Luv.My.Kidz
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM
1 mom liked this

That's about right... unless they do a great job then I tip $10

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)