Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I make him see?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM
  • 9 Replies

I am getting up tomorrow morning(pain pills and all) and taking my son out and showing him how to put in for jobs and how to present himself.

He comes in a few minutes again and his girlfriend has painted his fingernails black and dyed his hair jet black!

I am trying to tell him  he has to at least get the fingernail polish off!Noone is going to hire him looking like that!

My priorities:Husband,family,cafemom,facebook!

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:02 PM

I meant a few minutes ago,not again.

FL2AK
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:03 PM
I would let him learn the hard way. Give him a list of places to apply to and allow him to try it his way. Give it a couple weeks, then tell him to try it your way.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovelyladybump
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Sounds like he doesn't want a job.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ff-princess
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:09 PM
1 mom liked this

well, rest easy in knowing that no one is going to be hiring at the time he hands in an application anyway.  I'm sure tomorrow will be an exercise in picking up applications, and then filling them out.  if you show him how to do the first one at home, he can do the rest of them.  just make sure the polish is gone before turning them back in.

CJF0207
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:11 PM

Agreed
Quote:

by FL2AK
I would let him learn the hard way. Give him a list of places to apply to and allow him to try it his way. Give it a couple weeks, then tell him to try it your way.

Jeni1124
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:13 PM

Quoting lovelyladybump:

Ding Ding Ding!!! :)

As someone who has been hiring for years, do NOT go into any locations with him! I would never hire someone who needed mommy to help them apply. If he can't apply alone he certainly can't do the job alone.

Good for you to taking an active role though! Going to the mall or whatever with him is great, just don't go into the store with him and don't fill out the application for him.

The hair isn't a problem, but black nailpolish (male or female) isn't professional. To apply for a job, even a retail job, one should dress professionally, speak professionally and even while picking up/turning in applications be dressed as if they are on an interview. No phone! Including texting!

black.eyeliner
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Hot Topic will. He is doing this to piss you off. Take him out anyway. Let him learn.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Quoting Jeni1124:

Quoting lovelyladybump:

Ding Ding Ding!!! :)

As someone who has been hiring for years, do NOT go into any locations with him! I would never hire someone who needed mommy to help them apply. If he can't apply alone he certainly can't do the job alone.

Good for you to taking an active role though! Going to the mall or whatever with him is great, just don't go into the store with him and don't fill out the application for him.

The hair isn't a problem, but black nailpolish (male or female) isn't professional. To apply for a job, even a retail job, one should dress professionally, speak professionally and even while picking up/turning in applications be dressed as if they are on an interview. No phone! Including texting!

I don't go in with him

I am going because I am applying at some places too.

I put out a pair of khaki colored dickies,his good shoes,a white polo and his belt and told him to wear clean underwear and socks.And carry an ink pen.

We have been over what is useless to employers to know.

Clean hands especially under the nails.

Take your time filling out the application and do not abbreviate except for the state and things like that.Put something on every line and don't generalize.

ID and social security card in your wallet.

Don't fidget and don't just talk.Wait for questions.Answer honestly because there is NOTHING they can't find out if they want to know.

I did HR at a factory   a few years ago.

laranadtony
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Quoting black.eyeliner:

Hot Topic will. He is doing this to piss you off. Take him out anyway. Let him learn.

I don't think he wants a job either but if he wants his own money ,he has to get one.He can start college when all his paperwork for his funding goes through but he needs some kind of work experience NOW.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)