Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If your child was sick......

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM
  • 14 Replies

If your child was sick and was told to stay out of school for at least 3 days by a doctor, would you arrange for them to have their work ready so they could get it done over the weekend and turned in on monday? (to keep them from getting behind)

If you said no, what if your child had a learning disability (for example ADD, which is what my son had) Would you have them do the work over the weekend, to prevent them from being behind, knowing it would be harder for them to catch up?

I was told by my "mother" that I was being cruel for making him do his work when he is sick. Even though I tried to tell her that he isn't that sick anymore, just contagious for the first 3 days that is why he is out of school. They have him on medicine, and he is doing much better. He can run around the house and play superheros with his brother, then I see no reason why he can't sit down and do his homework. IMO

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MrsApple
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:15 PM
1 mom liked this
If they were well enough to do it,sure.
Love.My.Soldier
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM
1 mom liked this
My dd has been in and out of the hospital all week and I've had her doing her school work when she is up to it. As long as they are feeling better I think it's a good idea so they don't get too far behind.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MisfitInTN
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:17 PM
Depends on the sickness
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:18 PM

My son has croup and bronchitis

Quoting MisfitInTN:

Depends on the sickness

TheMrs407
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:19 PM

Yes.  Three days is a long time.  If he can play superheroes he can do some school work.

Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Yup!!

Quoting TheMrs407:

Yes.  Three days is a long time.  If he can play superheroes he can do some school work.

3greatkids751
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:21 PM
Yes. My dd had brain surgery and after 3 days in the hospital and 2 days resting she was up playing again. Although she couldn't go to school because of the risk of wound infection she could do her homework. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:22 PM

Oh, I am glad your dd is feeling better!

But yea, as long as they can do their homework I don't see anything wrong with having them do it so they don't get behind :)

Quoting 3greatkids751:

Yes. My dd had brain surgery and after 3 days in the hospital and 2 days resting she was up playing again. Although she couldn't go to school because of the risk of wound infection she could do her homework. :)

3greatkids751
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:36 PM
Thank you. She's feeling much better. She has a brain malformation but everything is looking a lot better at her last check up. She's a tough little girl that's for sure. And she's all caught up w/ her school work now thanks to wonderful teachers who took time to come to the house and work w/ her. :)

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

But yea, as long as they can do their homework I don't see anything wrong with having them do it so they don't get behind :)

Quoting 3greatkids751:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Army_Mom_2_Boyz
by Ruby Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:38 PM

That is great!!!

Quoting 3greatkids751:

Thank you. She's feeling much better. She has a brain malformation but everything is looking a lot better at her last check up. She's a tough little girl that's for sure. And she's all caught up w/ her school work now thanks to wonderful teachers who took time to come to the house and work w/ her. :)

Quoting Army_Mom_2_Boyz:

Quoting 3greatkids751:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)