Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So, out of curiosity, Im just wondering how other people deal with similar situations...

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM
  • 11 Replies

My older brother has 3 sons. Hes not really a part of their lives, and it kills me. I want not just me, but my kids to know their cousins,  but I dont know what to do. 2 of them live pretty far away, and one lives in town, but I despise his Mom. She is a worthless mother, and in and out o rehab. I actually just heard from my brother for the first time in FOUR years last night...

My sons dad, has never seen our son, and neither has his family.

It kills me not to be involved or know my nephews, so I often wonder how anyone can do it.

Do you have neices or nephews you havent met, or barely know?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
touchingstars
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM
I dont know anything about my niece
1FlMom1
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Yes.  I kiss butt to the mothers so that I can be a part of the kids' lives.  It not only makes it easier if they think I just love them, but it puts the kids at ease because they really love their mothers, even when they suck at being a mom.

mackiebugsmom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:33 PM
Yes. I live in MI and have a niece in AZ that my brother doesnt know at all. I talk to her mom but she is not ready for my niece to know us yet. She is four :(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Nerys-Kianna
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:43 PM

Yes I do. The kids from one of my sisters, but she also told my parents they are dead to her even thou they helped her in a tough situation.

Dzyre1115
by Desiree` on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:46 PM
1 mom liked this

That's a whole lot of indiscriminate breeding going on.....

shivasgirl
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

my brother and I dont get along...he lives 20 minutes from me and has 2 girls...his youngest is 1 month and one day older than my twins....he got pissed because he said I had twins on purpose after his dd was born so I would have the babies of the family....I have met my youngest niece three times...he wont accept any olive branches I offer so I am done..

ColtsFan1912
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:50 PM

i haven't met my nephew but not by choice by my sister or I. We live 2000 miles apart & none of us has had the money to visit each others since he's been born/ He'll be 2 in March :( my family hasn't met my daughter yet either. She'll be 2 in June

SevysMomma
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM

No but I have brothers and sisters that I don't know. What is funny is knowing exactly what they look like, where they live, and have seen them in person (at the beach, at a roller rink, at a carnival) but they don't know me, or know they are walking right next to their sister. It kills me.

I am sure I won't see much of my niece and nephew anymore either. My sister is a d-bag and now lives far away and is keeping them from the rest of us because she's ignorant.

And my son never knew his dad either. So I go through this from all points. It's shitty but it feels like life. I don't know my dad either.

DropZoneMom
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:57 PM

No -- I grew up with 4 brothers, all of whom are married with children.   We see each other frequently, though we're spread out over 3 states.   Our parents have been married for over 50 years.   We don't always get along --but we're FAMILY, and there is nothing more important than that.

Mommyof2n0308
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM

Quoting DropZoneMom:

No -- I grew up with 4 brothers, all of whom are married with children.   We see each other frequently, though we're spread out over 3 states.   Our parents have been married for over 50 years.   We don't always get along --but we're FAMILY, and there is nothing more important than that.

I agree. If I had it my way,we would be the same way. My whole family is dysfunctional. Hopefully with my generation we change it though, if not I hope I raise my kids well enough to change it. I have some family I havent seen in almost 20 years. Its ridic.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)