Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I tried out the Johnson's Bathtime shampoo and lotion on my 4 month old

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM
  • 9 Replies

First, let me say, that I LOVE the scent of it.  I want to use it for myself!

Rowan (my 4 month old son) loves bath time.  He never really gets tired afterwards though.  We tried using this Johnson's Bedtime shampoo and lotion during his latest bath time (Thanks, Cafemom for sending us the gift set!!!).  

He smells amazing!  Lol :)  I can't say honestly that it made him any sleepier than normal.  He got really talkative after this bath, though!  He needed to tell me his life story, I guess.  After we rubbed him down with the lotion, he started calming down.

I got the book "Goodnight Moon" with the bathtime set.  My oldest son wanted to read it to the younger two boys.  Logan (3 years old) sat thru most of it...Rowan got really sleepy. 

Does anyone else use this stuff?  Does your LO get really chatty after bathtime?  :)

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:42 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
LovingSAHMommy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:45 PM

Yea, it didn't make my son sleepier, either, but I also love the scent!

kansasmom1978
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:47 PM

I used it with both my kids when they were babies. I loved it.  They have a vapor bath also for when they get colds that is awesome. Of course all the menthol can go to your head lol

kaygarcia97
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:49 PM
Yes I did and it calms both my girls down. They are 3 & 1
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
toopicky429
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM
It made my son break out, but my daughter did fine with it. Jake was cursed with my crazy sensitive skin, lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:51 PM

What a lovely present!!! I used to love the Lavender scented baby bath by J&j!!!

Delirium003
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I heard from other moms of boys that it just doesn't work on boys in general!  I'm not sure if that's just a coincidence or if its a semi-fact? I honestly am using it either way, he smells so nice afterwards!  :-p

time.out
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:55 PM
Dd is a tornado after bath so we had to move bath to the mornings. I like the scent of that though. Dg store makes a good knock-off of it too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
emeraldangel20
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:56 PM

i cant use j&j my dd is allergic to it

TexasWife
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 9:58 PM
The bath stuff made my son sleepy but the lotion would wake him. With my daughter the combination of the bath and lotion would put her to sleep. We now have the older kids Johnson and Johnson lavender shampoo. The vapor bath worked great on my daughter this past December.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)