Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How much do you buy/spend?

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM
  • 512 Replies
Roughly how much money would you say you spend on clothes for your kids for the year? And roughly how many days worth of clothes? I shop clearance year rough so for 3 kids I spend about $400 a year right now. Once the baby isnt switching through sizes so fast should come down close to $300. I like to have roughly 2wks worth of season appropriate clothes per kid. Plus that amount includes special event outfits.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
o0gone0o
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:17 PM
year round is what that is suppose to say. Stupid phone.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LiesLiesLies
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Including shoes? Probably around $2,000.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tsoto09
by Bronze Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:18 PM
Way too much:/
ceashell429
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM
Mine are 18 and 22. So they buy their own now. But typically it was about 300 per child, per season.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ermka
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:19 PM
I spend wayyy too much on clothes (I also clearance shop) I couldn't give you an exact amount... and my kids have a TON of clothing! I would say at least a months worth.. it's wrong.. and insane of me, I know.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kathleen69699
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM
Quoting o0gone0o:

year round is what that is suppose to say. Stupid phone.

lilyemama

I spend around $150 a year but that is mostly for shoes, and things that I see that are cute.  My InLaws keep DD dressed in clothes from their DD that is 7 months older than mine.

ejbljb
Not a lot. They get a lot of clothes as gifts. I've probably spent $300 this past year, and that's with a baby growing out of clothes left and right, and my 3yo.
They have waaay too many clothes. I could go weeks without doing laundry.
countrymomma81
by Belle*of*the*Bayou on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:20 PM

Probably about $500.00 a year. We buy new clothes in spring and fall. Those clothes last them through the other seasons. We live in Louisiana and the weather is usually pretty mild during winter, so fall clothes are fine with a coat. 

We do pick things up through out the year if we see things they like or if something needs to be replaced. My kids are 9 and 4 and have been in the same sizes for what seems like forever...lol. They are big kids though. My son is in men's medium with a 9.5 men's shoe, and my daughter is in a 10/12 in bigger kids clothes. 

indymom22

We're lucky because the kids wear uniforms to school so that cuts down on the cost, but we spend about $1000 a year for 2 kids.  That's for about a week's worth of clothes, not including sports uniforms/practice wear.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)