Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What people should do with their refund

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM
  • 19 Replies

Spending Your Tax Refund Wisely

Posted Wednesday, April 6, 2011 - 11:27pm by Alyssa Francis

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KelliansMom
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM
Ours is in savings
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
couponluv72
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:58 PM

wise spending and people in america

bwahaaa

sweet.lil.mama
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM
Ours goes to dh student loans...so we are paying debt...haven't seen a cent in 3 yrs
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
frndlyfn
by Emerald Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 10:59 PM

Yup we pay down debt any extra cash we have.  We also will "splurge" and replace household items that are broke.

lv.42.dy
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:04 PM
but...but I want a biiiig screen and other crap I cant afford!!
*kidding*
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Angeleyez81
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:05 PM

IF and that's a big IF I get a refund...I plan on paying up some bills first...then go from their.

moneysaver6
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:09 PM

That's excellent advice!  (We won't be getting a refund, though.)

RmeWifey01
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:11 PM
1 mom liked this

If you own a house and emergency fund is a great idea in case something happens that insurance doesn't cover, like: the furnace breaks, the water heater springs a leak, or you find yourself needing a new roof all of a sudden. Even if you're a renter it's a good idea to have a little nest egg in case ....you get kicked out of your place for some odd reason.

myboysRmyhero
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Haha no wise spending here ours is gooing to car parts 2months worth of rent (so we have pay checks to do whatever with) about $400 to my new tat and a new computer
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
moneysaver6
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:16 PM

An emergency fund is a good idea regardless of your housing situation.  Emergency funds aren't just for housing repairs.  They can cover unexpected car repairs, medical bills, basic bills in the event of a job loss, injury, or accident.  It covers a multitude of things that could happen.

Quoting RmeWifey01:

If you own a house and emergency fund is a great idea in case something happens that insurance doesn't cover, like: the furnace breaks, the water heater springs a leak, or you find yourself needing a new roof all of a sudden. Even if you're a renter it's a good idea to have a little nest egg in case ....you get kicked out of your place for some odd reason.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)