Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Poor Kitty!

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:08 PM
  • 11 Replies

We adopted Zorro on Friday, an 8 year old kitty who was abandoned at a pet hotel with his two brothers (we all ready adopted one of his brothers in November).  He's been slowly getting aquainted and becoming less nervous.  We noticed he was shedding a LOT so I bought a kitty brush tonight (I haven't needed one with Moe b/c shedding really was not an issue at all with him).  I brushed an entire cat out of that poor baby.  Combine that with today being the first day he's eating since Friday and he's feeling MUCH better.
This is what I brushed out of him:

Before I brushed him, you could not pet him without getting a handful of fur.  Now he's super soft and you don't get a handful of fur petting him; and he is much happier.

ETA:  I brushed Moe (the one who's been here since November) after brushing Zorro.  I got a quarter size ball of fur off of him.  Its amazing the difference quality food and being adjusted to your environment can make  Hopefully, this will be the same story for Zorro in a few weeks, after he's been on the good food (Innova) for awhile and gotten settled in with everybody.

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brandiaubrey
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM
He is pretty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
RyansMommie07
by Jessica Lynne on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:12 PM

aww isnt he a cutie!!!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Ryan and Troy are hoping for a sister!  Think Pink!!! 

grey7399
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:13 PM

awwwwww!!

mommyoftwo103

Cutie! I love cats but I'm allergic to them!! :( 

egyptian_mommy
by Platinum Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:13 PM
Handsome guy.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Tommyskitty

Aww, what a handsome kitty. He looks so cuddly.

Santina25
What a beautiful cat :)

Good job on adopting! More people should
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:17 PM

Thanks, and I agree.  
This is his brother we adopted in November.  He is my baby.  I just LOVE him.  (I love them both, but there's a reason when DH told me one cat, Moe was the one who came home with us.  I'm so glad I whined enough talked him into a second cat, lol.)

Quoting Santina25:

Santina25
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:26 PM
Aww he looks like a sweetheart! I love cats, they are so cuddly!

Are they happy to live together?

Quoting mom2ljh:

Thanks, and I agree.  
This is his brother we adopted in November.  He is my baby.  I just LOVE him.  (I love them both, but there's a reason when DH told me one cat, Moe was the one who came home with us.  I'm so glad I whined enough talked him into a second cat, lol.)

Quoting Santina25:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mom2ljh
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:29 PM

He's my big baby.  I love him.  They're getting used to it.  They are litter mates, so they lived together for 8 years.  Moe thinks Zorro has come in and ruined a great thing, lol.  Zorro is thrilled to be with Moe again.  Moe will get over it in a few days.  He let Zorro sniff and lick his face tonight before he started grumbling.

Quoting Santina25:

Aww he looks like a sweetheart! I love cats, they are so cuddly!

Are they happy to live together?

Quoting mom2ljh:

Thanks, and I agree.  

Quoting Santina25:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)