Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

JMHO on Whitney Houston and the Grammy's

Posted by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM
  • 42 Replies

It is a terrible terrible tragedy that Whitney Houston has passed away. I do not wish death on any person, ever.

Correct me if I am wrong, with all of her many songs that she had why did they choose to do a tribute to her at the Grammy's with a song she copied?

Like yeah she could sing but copying this song was the highlight of her career... yeah.

Now I was never really a fan so I guess I just don't get it. JMHO.

What do you think?

by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
marisab
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:52 PM
I miss the grammys and just found out whitney passedwhich song?how did she pass?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
smilesmile
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:53 PM

I don't really care. She sang it so why not I guess. I am sure Dolly would say something if it bothered her! lol

Jamie1972
by Silver Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM

Didnt watch the gramies but wad is the dolly pardton ill wil alwsys love u?. If so probably cuz it wad a huge hit for whitney.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LTsMommy07
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM
They are doing autopsy! She passed yesterday. They found her in the bathtub at her hotel. She was in Beverly Hills getting ready for pre-grammy festivities. Jennifer Hudson sang 'I will always love you!'

Quoting marisab:

I miss the grammys and just found out whitney passedwhich song?how did she pass?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
savedbygrace316
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:54 PM

I had the same thought but it was her most well known song so it made sense.

bluesky51201
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:55 PM

I was thinking the same thing when we were watching. 

Meissilly
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM

I think it fit well to the tribute to all the others  that passed away in the last year .    SO I dont think it was  just to her alone .  AND  she was to perform there so that might have been the song she was going to do ?

connie45
by Gold Member on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:56 PM

Whitney did not write any of her songs. 

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:57 PM
4 moms liked this

Have you not noticed that most songs get recorded over and over?  She didn't "copy" it.  She sang it as a soundtrack for a movie.  She didn't even pick it out.  Either way, it was a big hit.  It is a good "farewell song".  Why does it matter who originally wrote it?

TrouserMouse
by on Feb. 12, 2012 at 11:59 PM
3 moms liked this

Oh and considering the song won 16 music awards including two Grammy's. I think it makes sense.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)