Advertisement
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

For the Pro-Gay people...Edit*

Posted by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:14 PM
  • 54 Replies

Can you help me understand why you would possibly care what a Christian thinks about gays?  I mean gay people are going to face opposition from the Christian community because in general, not all of them, feel that homosexuality is wrong, immoral, sinful, whatever.  Does the opinion towards gays make any difference to you?  Christians don't generally care so deeply that others don't agree with the existence of God.  There are the exceptions in all groups of people.  If a person was to ask why atheists, pagan, buddhists, Hindus, whatever non Christians are out there why they believe in God, there usually will be the mud slinging  about invisible deities, spaghetti monster, there is no God what not, but if there is a single Christian out there that opposed that idea, then All Christians are bigoted people who Ram religion down others throats.  So why do you care?

EDIT*  Thanks for the replies. I admit that I didn't think about Gay rights issues.  I am not gay, so the actual intolerance doesn't affect me as it does a person who is gay.  I understand better and thank you for replying.

by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
randomosityblog
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:16 PM
10 moms liked this

Because it's the anti-gay christians that are voting against my rights to get married, and in some states adopt.

Piskie
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Because the christians are the ones fighting against the basic right for me as an adult to marry who I chose and love. 

If they didn't care and didn't fight so much interfering in my life, I wouldn't care. But a big christian majority in america has decided that somehow i'm broken and legally shouldn't marry who I please.

MicheleJM
by Platinum Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting randomosityblog:

Because it's the anti-gay christians that are voting against my rights to get married, and in some states adopt.

Not to mention that these actions that some homophobe christians have give the rest of us a very bad name.  

1badmom
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:19 PM
4 moms liked this

Such beliefs shouldn't be put into laws, and many (not all) anti-gay Christians are preventing others from having the same rights simply because of their sexual orientation.

Believe what you want, but don't attempt to legislate your beliefs in order to force others to conform to your way of thinking and living.

UnIdentiFiedOne
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM
This, but change "my" to "their".

: )

Quoting randomosityblog:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
etsmom
by Silver Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:20 PM

Ok, I can understand that.  I personally don't care if you marry or not.  You are welcomed to all the ups and downs of marriage.  I know that in my state (WA) it will be up for vote this fall and I plan on voting for gay rights.  I don't see the harm in gays getting married. As for adoption, if you are able to provide and care for a child, go ahead.

randomosityblog
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:21 PM

Quoting etsmom:

Ok, I can understand that.  I personally don't care if you marry or not.  You are welcomed to all the ups and downs of marriage.  I know that in my state (WA) it will be up for vote this fall and I plan on voting for gay rights.  I don't see the harm in gays getting married. As for adoption, if you are able to provide and care for a child, go ahead.

And if all christians (and people) felt that way, we'd be good. But they don't. I have no problem with christians in general. The anti-gay christians are hypocrites IMO and I DO have a problem with them infringing on my rights.

Piskie
by Gold Member on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:22 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting etsmom:

That's all I'd like.

No, scratch that, I'd also like to be able to go out in public and hold my partners hand, kiss her cheek, and not worry about being attacked, spit on, or verbally abused, or have bible verses shouted at me and people saying they'll be glad to watch me burn in hell.

But I suspect that'd be asking for too much.

harpsichord
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:23 PM
Gay rights are human rights and care about the rights of others whether or not I'm directly affected.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
xo.MommyW.xo
by on Feb. 14, 2012 at 5:24 PM
1 mom liked this
I prefer to be called "ANTI-ASSHOLE"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)