Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

Yup, I am handicapped and you are a BIT$H!!!!!!

I have severe chronic lung disease, several neurological conditions, and other health issues.

I do not look disabled, until I walk for a bit struggle to breathe, and/or start limping.

I just got my Handicap Parking Placard and it has been amazing. Now, when I go somewhere, I am not exhausted by the time I get in fom the parking lot.

Since getting the HP placard, I have gotten such nasty comments and rolls of the eyes cus I do not "look" disabled. I always think of a witty come back after the person is gone. But, I finally got a good zinger back.

I threw nasty comeback at the woman who was complaining about my handicap placard...........
So, as I got out of my car, a woman leaving Big Y loudly yelled

"You sure do not look like you are handicapped!"

So I yelled back,

" Well, you sure do not look like a bitch, but you obviously are, so i guess looks are deceiving!". She looked shocked and walked away without another word!!!! Hopefully she I'll think twice before she judges again!

I am so sick of this......I am done being nice.....I am coming up with a list of quick come backs to pull out! Everyone better watch out when they see me in a parking lot!!! :-)

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 7 yrs, Lilly 5 yrs, Molly 2 yr. and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my husband Jeff for 7 yrs,I am a domestic violence  survivor,infant loss survivor, swine flu  medically induced coma survivor, an attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, mom of an awesome daughter with autism, I have multible life long disabilities but am determined to not let them stop me,My husband and girls are my
everything and I live for them! =-)That is me in a nutshell!   

by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Replies (21-30):
charliebee
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:50 PM

I'm sorry to hear that!

-We have one too for DD and I always get anxious while parking bc people always stare at us and make comments. The other day someone said, "I just carried my daughter into the store at that age and I didn't need a handicap plate." I didn't give him the satisfaction of a response. DD is 8 years old and in a wheelchair for christ sake. I can't even imagine my 99lbs carrying her 50lbs around the store.... not to mention shes over half as tall as me!!

Don't people know you have to have a doctor's signed form and proof of being handicap to get a plate... its not like people get them for fun.

avi_nevaeh_mama

Haha that is awesome. Good for you. I have thought before that someone didn't look handicapped but I never would say anything. You never know. I have an autistic son that doesn't look like he has anything wrong. Looks can be decieving.

azpreemiemom
They are just jealous because they have to walk their fat ass to the door.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sexysiren1983
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:52 PM

Sorry youu have to face this. People judge so much by outer appearance and it is really unfair. I admit when I sometimes see a healthy-looking, young person in a handicapped spot I have my doubts too...but I would never dream of saying anything to them...after all, i dont really know their health condition, or if they have a gun or not lol.

Sorry you have to face such judgements from assuming people. Some ppl really jsut think they can say whatever they want to ppl. I get similar judgements...I look 18, not complainign lol, yet I'm 28 going on 29, and all the time I get rude looks and stares and soemtimes comments about being an "unwed" mother. I know they think I'm some teen mom who shouldn't have ahd a kid yet. My daughter is 3 1/2 aND IF PPL ASSUMED i'M 18 THAT WOULD MEAN i'D HAD HAVE HER AT 15...NO WAY I WAS 24 GOING ON 25! bUT i LET PPL HAVE THEIR JUDGEMENTS AND REALIZE IT'S GOOD i STILL LOOK SO YOUNG...JUST YTRY TO LOOK AT THE POSITIVE...YOU LOOK HEALTHY, GLOWING, YOUNG AND PRETTY!

azpreemiemom
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:53 PM
Most people with disabilities don't look disabled
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LoriLou75
by Lori on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:53 PM
That is crap! You shouldn't have to explain to anyone why you have a placard! Keep standing up for yourself, good for you!!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
nana1060
by on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:54 PM

GOOD FOR YOU>>> YOU HAVE DARLING GIRLS...

sheramom4
by Bronze Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:55 PM

Quoting VintageWife:

This is the exact topic that caused me to write my journal 'your disability is showing' a while back. My husband is a disabled vet. None of his several injuries are broken legs so they assume that noone getting out of the vehicle is actually disabled. We actually have people walk past our doors and go to the back of the van to see if we have a handicap plate. It's ridiculous!

You too? We have had that problem (DH is a disabled vet) and also both customers and store employees question his use of an electric cart. I want to wear a shirt that says "Yes, he is disabled...Back OFF!"

momof2little1s
by Gold Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:56 PM
Quoting azpreemiemom:

They are just jealous because they have to walk their fat ass to the door.

Ha, ha! I love that! :-)

I am Kelly, 32 yr old Mom of 4 Girls!  Caitlin 7 yrs, Lilly 5 yrs, Molly 2 yr. and my angel Elysse born 2/05/08, married to my husband Jeff for 7 yrs,I am a domestic violence  survivor,infant loss survivor, swine flu  medically induced coma survivor, an attatchment parenting momma, non CIO momma, mom of an awesome daughter with autism, I have multible life long disabilities but am determined to not let them stop me,My husband and girls are my
everything and I live for them! =-)That is me in a nutshell!   

harpsichord
by Platinum Member on Feb. 16, 2012 at 9:57 PM
Omg your comeback was fucking GOLD
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)