Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

A different kind of breastfeeding post..or should I say BEASTfeeding!

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:49 PM
  • 70 Replies

So my son got a puppy, and the puppy is really too young to be away from it's mother as far as I'm concerned. So I was curious as to whether I could give the puppy pumped breastmilk. So, I googled it and came across this!! I was shocked! I really had no idea that women did this. While I may consider giving a baby animal expressed milk, I would never consider actually breastfeeding them!! What do you ladies think? Would you do this? Or are you like me and think it's a little too extreme, even for the breastfeeding "nazi's"?

Out of the mouths of babes

…and into the mouths of beasts

Warning: some of the following 15 stories are not pleasant. One in particular is gut-wrenching and slightly depressing. The others are just as absurd and could easily fit in a work of fiction. I could write an essay on these unique women and their stories… but a picture speaks a thousand words.

1. Bishnoi Woman Breast Feeding Found Fawn

woman breast feeding fawn 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

Vijay Luxmi Sau went to visit her parents out of town. She came home with a new addition to the family – a female baby fawn. Rumor has it that the fawn’s mother abandoned it when a pack of stray dogs attacked. Vijay found the fawn scared and hungry; she began breastfeeding the fawn and brought the new “baby” home to her husband and 7 month old human child.

Source

2. The mother who suckles pet monkey

breastfeedingmonkey 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

It’s hard to let motherhood go… just ask Namita Das. When her adult children flew the coop, she began breastfeeding her other “son” – a baby monkey. Namita’s husband found the monkey dying after a brutal storm hit. Namita nurtured it back to health, and continues to mother the orphaned animal like one of her own.

Source

3. Jennipher Alupot, forced to breastfeed the puppies of her husband’s hunting dogs

3326 gallery 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

Jennipher Alupot was “earned” when her father traded her in marriage in exchange for two cows. Her new husband, now without a source of milk, would strap his wife to the bed and allow his hunting dogs to suckle her breast throughout the night. This sadistic ritual endured through 2 different childbirths – a total of 7 years – and Jennipher thinks her breast milk was contaminated in the process. Her third and youngest son died before his second birthday.

Source

4. Woman Breastfeeding Tigers

r45490 118213 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

Here’s the story: three tiger cubs are born to a homicidal mother, who tears one to bloody shreds. Hla Htay, a zookeeper at Yangon Zoological Gardens, helps save the remaining two and volunteers to nurse them from her own breast. Touching story, no? As an aside, Htay has made it clear that she doesn’t plan to continue breastfeeding once the cubs grow teeth.

Source / Source

5. Woman breastfeeds bull terrier puppy

amamantar a su perro 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

Kura “Kat” Tumanako has a baby girl (named Honey Pauline) and a bull terrier puppy. They’re like brother and sister… sort of. To make up for the differences in appearance, Kat is trying to solidify the brother-sister bond by breastfeeding them both. It remains to be seen whether the idea worked.

Source

6. Tori Amos suckling pig

pig%284%29 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

Tori Amos is no Madonna, but she still knows how to make a statement. When she released Boys for Pele, she included an image of a piglet suckling on her breast (pictured above). The statement was heard; conservative America went into a tizzy. It’s been said the piglet experience inspired her to motherhood… but people say a lot of things.

Source/ Source

7. Woman Breastfeeds Endangered Golden Monkey

3 thumb 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

You can count the number of golden monkeys in the world on one hand. If it wasn’t for Mrs. Chen Yongiian, we would all have to fold over yet another finger. You see, when Didi (a newly born golden money) was rebuked by his mother it was feared he would develop a serious illness. Mrs. Youngiian agreed to feed the monkey indefinitely, diminishing the chance of his sickness.

Source / Source

8. Kate Garraway posed feeding a calf to promote a documentary on wet nurses called Other People’s Breast Milk

article 0 026767C900000578 360 468x635 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

Here’s food for thought: why is it accepted for a cow to breastfeed our children, while the idea of a woman breastfeeding a calf is seen as absurd? Does it violate the rules of nature? Why, then, are we giving our children cow milk if interspecies feeding is so appalling? These are some of the questions that Other People’s Breast Milk explores… and, as might be expected, there was massive outcry over the promo picture above.

Source

9. Awa Guaja  Tribe Women Nurse Wild Animals

5 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

For the Awa Guaja tribe in the Brazilian Amazon basin, community means more than humans. It also includes monkeys, which are considered sacred animals. The monkeys are taken from their mothers after birth and grow up sleeping, playing and breastfeeding alongside human children.

Source

10. Papua New Guinea women breastfeed pigs

breast feeding 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

What you’re looking at is considered normal among certain indigenous tribes throughout New Guinea. Are the pigs getting hungry? No problem… Susan will go out and feed ‘em. In exchange, the pigs help out around the house. For instance, they’ll scour the sweet potato fields for scrap peelings and churn the soil in the process. Seems fair in my book.

Source

11. Indian woman breastfeeds pet calf

breastfeedingpet 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

Some people really love their pets. Chouthi Bai, an Indian from the Kilchu village, is one of them. Her pet calf is 23 days old in this picture, and has enjoyed breast milk every single one of them.

Source

12. The Woman Who Breastfeeds Her Cat

woman breastfeeds cat2238555 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

Janine Hammond took the idea of being a “cat lady” to a whole new level. She doesn’t keep a thousand cats like the typical cat lady… instead she’s made a habit of breast feeding him. Then again, maybe she just has a thing for breastfeeding; she also suckles her guinea pig and pet shire horse. The only one that doesn’t enjoy her breast milk is her newborn son.

Source

13. Woman Breastfeeds Puppy In South Africa

ntswaki nkabinde copy 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

Teddy the dog is living the life. When he isn’t sleeping or running around, he’s busy drinking Ntswaki Nkabinde’s breast milk. In Nkabinde’s view, Teddy is part of the family and should be treated as such. The only problem is her family thinks she’s gone crazy but Nkabinde “[doesn’t] care what anyone says.”

Source

14. Amazonian Woman Feeding Monkey

Indigenous Woman Nursing Monkey 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

Another Amazonian tribe… another monkey drinking human breast milk. Business as usual in the jungle, I suppose. Picture credits go to Jacek Palkiewicz.

Source

15. “Pennsylvania Mountain Lady” breastfeeding child and deer

fawnfeeder2 ebay 285x300 15 Women Who Breast Feed Animals   Weird or Wonderful?

In the 1930’s, the “Pennsylvania Mountain Lady” epitomized the savage lifestyle of America’s hillbillies. But what’s so wrong about breastfeeding deer next to your child? Then again, don’t answer that.

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jace1028
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:51 PM
Gross
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
ShhhItsASecret
by Tiffany on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:52 PM
Ew
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
happymom629
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:52 PM

Wow, um wow. 

missamanda86
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:53 PM
3 moms liked this

I have no words....my boobies are for my babies (and my husband occassionally lol)

DaLordsMezNger
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:54 PM
1 mom liked this
Tigers? Eff no!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
aprilsalcro
by Platinum Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM
Wtf !? Gross
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
blakesmommy531
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:57 PM
That's disgusting.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lovearcen
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 5:58 PM

i kind of understand the monkeys  but not so much the other animals

mommyakabooby
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 6:01 PM

Yeah, the monkeys at least make a little sense. I think it was the deer and the pigs that totally threw me for a loop!

Quoting lovearcen:

i kind of understand the monkeys  but not so much the other animals

DutchMama2010
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 6:02 PM
Ouch !!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN