Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The CafeMom Newcomers Club The CafeMom Newcomers Club

what do you think about this situation.

Posted by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM
  • 9 Replies

Okay my babysitter had to move to lousiana becuase her husband basically had 2 other chicks on the side and was basically kicking her out because he didnt want her anymore. She was the only person i trust with my kids other than my SIL. Well since my SIL couldnt take care of my kids because she was busy with appts. Me and DH had to look for another babysitter. Well luckily he knew this lady that babysits kids also we talked to her and she said it was fine but had to pay her 130 every week which was fine because thats how much i paid the other lady.

Okay tuesday was their first day with her and it didn't go too well. She kept complaing that my son (8 mths) would cry all day and wouldn't let her do anything and that my DD (3 yrs) would dirty all her clothes when she ate and wouldn't eat what she made. I mean thats a big ass lie because i know my dd she eats everything.

I never liked her from the begining i just had that weird feeling with her. Well today we call her to check up on the kids and she says well i can't take care of your kids anymore because all they do is cry and make alot of mess. 

SMFH my old babysitter never complained about them. She would always tell me and DH how well behaved they where and the same goes with my SIL. Its just this one person that said this to us.

I mean i am paying you 130 a week and you claim to have experience with kids. Well from the looks of it seems you don't. Well she said she would do the rest of the week and we just said no thank you i rather have my SIL take care of them and just left.

What would you do if you where in my situation?

by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
ClassyMom619
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:42 PM

FIRE HER...plain and simple.

priincessz
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM

That's what we did. I asked my SIL to babysit them and just to let me know when she had the appts. me and dh both work in the same place and same shift so we had to find someone quick and thank god my SIL decided to help us out.

Quoting ClassyMom619:

FIRE HER...plain and simple.

Lostinindy
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:45 PM
I would let her go. Only pay her a prorated rate for the days she had them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamagreen08
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:47 PM

Let her go. She obviously doesn't like the children or she gets annoyed easily and it would be uncomfortable.

mandylin3
by on Feb. 22, 2012 at 9:50 PM

Well, if she said she couldn't keep babysitting you kids I wouldn't finish out the rest of the week for sure.  Sounds very weird to me.  I wonder what is really going on.

RobinBright
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:00 PM

What I would do is hire a babysitter in a more cautious fashion--- start out with several short stints so she and the kids can get to know each other, and so SO and I could decide if we were comfortable with her.  Spend time with them while you are home, see how they interact.  Gradually, I'd leave them for longer times if if felt comfortable for all parties.  I wouldn't just randomly hire someone and leave kiddos that young for an extended period of time. 

priincessz
by Silver Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:06 PM

yeah i understand what you are saying but the thing is me and dh work the day shift and in the same company so its hard but my sil offered to watch my kids while we work during the day.

Quoting RobinBright:

What I would do is hire a babysitter in a more cautious fashion--- start out with several short stints so she and the kids can get to know each other, and so SO and I could decide if we were comfortable with her.  Spend time with them while you are home, see how they interact.  Gradually, I'd leave them for longer times if if felt comfortable for all parties.  I wouldn't just randomly hire someone and leave kiddos that young for an extended period of time. 

dmarie2101
by The Assassin on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:08 PM

i would tell her to fuck off.

and i would stop saying "basically" more than once in a sentence.

RobinBright
by Gold Member on Feb. 22, 2012 at 10:09 PM

I understand that it's hard to make the right arrangements--- SO and I have been in that boat too.  We've just made it a priority to make sure our kids are in good, safe hands even if that is really inconvenient to achieve, kwim?  I hope it works out with your SIL.  

Quoting priincessz:

yeah i understand what you are saying but the thing is me and dh work the day shift and in the same company so its hard but my sil offered to watch my kids while we work during the day.

Quoting RobinBright:

Keep an open mind--
but not so open that your brain falls out. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)